Rejection of EE

Old Jun 11th 2015, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough
Default Rejection of EE

Just had my EE application rejected. The reason was New Zealand police certificates not included - although you cannot provide them yourself, CIC has to request them. The signed forms and Ids were all included in our additional information upload.

This is an error on cic's part. What's my best way forward? MP? Please can someone advise. I assumed the message was our acceptance, not our third rejection.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 4:13 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rejection of EE

Originally Posted by sliam37
Just had my EE application rejected. The reason was New Zealand police certificates not included - although you cannot provide them yourself, CIC has to request them. The signed forms and Ids were all included in our additional information upload.

This is an error on cic's part. What's my best way forward? MP? Please can someone advise. I assumed the message was our acceptance, not our third rejection.
Ah so sorry. We spoke to our MP not the MPP- the former is federal. Maybe speak to them and explain what's happened.. Fingers crossed for you. I know exactly how you feel!!!
Old Jun 11th 2015, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

I know you do. I cannot believe this has happened. Just bene through our application on the mycic website, and all the forms are there. Bloody cic putting us through this AGAIN.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Spoken to mp's office. If they get this sorted out I may have to change my political allegiance! Although the political party will have to wait a long time until i'm a citizen and can vote, and with my experience of cic not sure I'll bother to deal with them ever again.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

CIC's incompetence continues...
Old Jun 11th 2015, 5:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

What a pain!

So did you get the police cert before applying under EE and did you include that in your app? If so, that is a monumental cock up on CIC's part!
Old Jun 11th 2015, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

For NZ you cannot send your own one, it has to be requested from NZ by CIC. To do this they require completed consent forms and copies of id. We provided both of these (for both of us) in our letter of explanation as nowhere else for them to go. On Mycic the correct document was uploaded. Just waiting for my husband's signature to allow the mp to ring cic on our behalf, and hopefully this will get sorted. The mp's immigration person already on to it.
Old Jun 11th 2015, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

For NZ you cannot send your own one, it has to be requested from NZ by CIC. To do this they require completed consent forms and copies of id. We provided both of these (for both of us) in our letter of explanation as nowhere else for them to go. On Mycic the correct document was uploaded. Just waiting for my husband's signature to allow the mp to ring cic on our behalf, and hopefully this will get sorted. The mp's immigration person already on to it.
I know that you can't apply for a police cert for NZ yourself, but aren't you supposed to make an application via CIC and then wait to get the police cert before submitting your PR app?

From the CIC website - "If you are Invited to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence, you need to upload a police certificate in your Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (e-APR). Please follow the instructions above to get your police certificate"
Old Jun 11th 2015, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I know that you can't apply for a police cert for NZ yourself, but aren't you supposed to make an application via CIC and then wait to get the police cert before submitting your PR app?

From the CIC website - "If you are Invited to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence, you need to upload a police certificate in your Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (e-APR). Please follow the instructions above to get your police certificate"
If you go to the aforementioned instructions it states: (ie: doesn't want the pc itself)

You must include all of the following with your Application for Permanent Residence:

A clear photocopy of your current photo/ID page and signature page of your passport
Completed Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form (PDF, 412.60 KB). When completing the Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form, please:
Provide your current or last known New Zealand address
Sign and date the Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form
Ensure a clear photocopy of the photo/ID page and signature page/s of your passport is/are attached to the Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form (the photocopy of your passport does not need to be certified or notarized)
Old Jun 11th 2015, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

ouch, that sucks... Good luck on putting your application back on track.

About this MP, who do you contact exactly ? The member of parliament of the place in Canada you intend to immigrate to ?
Old Jun 11th 2015, 6:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

If you go to the aforementioned instructions it states: (ie: doesn't want the pc itself)
Yes, but below that it states the bit I quoted which is specifically for EE, and from the NZ police certs page.

I just assumed it was similar to the 'old' system, where you applied for PR with your Disclosure forms etc, but then when you got your '90 day letter' and had to send all of your supporting documents in (i.e. equivalent to the ITA in today's immigration speak!), you needed the actual police cert. But then there was usually a lot more time between applying and getting docs requested to get the NZ police cert!

I'm not familiar with the EE system as I haven't worked with it, but the CIC website does state that for EE you're supposed to upload the police cert, quite how that's supposed to be possible is another matter mind.........
Old Jun 11th 2015, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

I could only upload the consent form and id, there is nowhere in cic where you could request them to request the nz police check before getting to the EE stage.

On Tirytory's advice i contacted my federal mp where I live now in canada. The local office is just up the road from me, but i rang them and so far they've been incredibly efficient. The guy who's been assigned to me is the MP's 'cic case person' so understood immediately everything I was talking about.

Now, finally, I can start doing some work today. Despite the raised heart rate!
Old Jun 12th 2015, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

djaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud ofdjaybi has much to be proud of

Ok thanks. Looks like they're used to it, if they designated a "CIC person".
Old Jun 15th 2015, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for people's support. Good news, got reopened first thing this morning:
"A first review of your application indicated that it did not meet the requirements. CIC has
further re-examined your application and has determined that it does meets the requirements of a complete application.
"

not quite an apology for all the stress and time this mistake has taken, but good as it's going to get. So now we re-enter it, knowing that the NZ police checks will take several weeks to come through, and trying not to get too pessimistic about any more potential pitfalls!
Old Jun 15th 2015, 4:45 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, glad they got it sorted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.