Wikiposts

Rejected

Old Sep 13th 2004, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

sheep479 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rejected

So, I just got off the phone with my boyfriend who told me he's been rejected via the conjugal partner route. We're trying to figure out what to do next.

If we get married and reapply, will it be against us that we've previously been rejected for conjugal?

The reason for rejection btw, was that the immigration person believed we were only a long distance relationship and there wasn't enough proof of our commitment. something to that effect. He also said that my boyfriend shouldn't have any trouble getting a visa, I'm not sure why he thinks that.
Old Sep 13th 2004, 10:12 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rejected

As long as you are able to prove that your relationship is real (not marriage of convenience for the purpose of immigration) then he shouldn't have problems with new application after your wedding.

Originally Posted by sheep479
So, I just got off the phone with my boyfriend who told me he's been rejected via the conjugal partner route. We're trying to figure out what to do next.

If we get married and reapply, will it be against us that we've previously been rejected for conjugal?

The reason for rejection btw, was that the immigration person believed we were only a long distance relationship and there wasn't enough proof of our commitment. something to that effect. He also said that my boyfriend shouldn't have any trouble getting a visa, I'm not sure why he thinks that.