Rehabilitation application

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Nige1512 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rehabilitation application

Hi everyone, am wondering if anyone is awaiting the outcome of their criminal rehabilitation application? I sent mine into the London office in February so it's been 11 long months now, I recieved a case reference number after I emailed them in April and haven't heared anything since, does anyone know if the longer you wait the better your chance of a positive outcome? I mean if they were going to refuse my application would CHC have told me by now instead of waiting 12 months or more to refuse me? The offences I committed are almost 30 yrs old although one was 18 months for burglary when I was drunk not proud of it but its on my record the other was a fine for theft, as I said it was almost 30 yrs ago and I have done nothing since I went thro a stupid phase in my life and I'm hoping it's not going to ruin my chance of accepting my job offer I am a totally different person to who I was then and am embarrassed talking about it, thanks for any advice given.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 8:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rehabilitation application

Originally Posted by Nige1512
Hi everyone, am wondering if anyone is awaiting the outcome of their criminal rehabilitation application? I sent mine into the London office in February so it's been 11 long months now, I recieved a case reference number after I emailed them in April and haven't heared anything since, does anyone know if the longer you wait the better your chance of a positive outcome? I mean if they were going to refuse my application would CHC have told me by now instead of waiting 12 months or more to refuse me? The offences I committed are almost 30 yrs old although one was 18 months for burglary when I was drunk not proud of it but its on my record the other was a fine for theft, as I said it was almost 30 yrs ago and I have done nothing since I went thro a stupid phase in my life and I'm hoping it's not going to ruin my chance of accepting my job offer I am a totally different person to who I was then and am embarrassed talking about it, thanks for any advice given.
If you have a case number (Unique Identifier) then you may be able to check the progress on ECAS.

According to the London CIC, the processing is around 6 months if the application is not linked to a visa request. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...raitement.aspx

You might want to send a case specific enquiry as you have gone past the 6 months, or else if you have received an email from them in the past use that email to contact them again.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...e-comment.aspx

Old Jan 7th 2014, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Nige1512 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rehabilitation application

Originally Posted by Siouxie
If you have a case number (Unique Identifier) then you may be able to check the progress on ECAS.

According to the London CIC, the processing is around 6 months if the application is not linked to a visa request. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...raitement.aspx

You might want to send a case specific enquiry as you have gone past the 6 months, or else if you have received an email from them in the past use that email to contact them again.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...e-comment.aspx

Thanks for info Siouxie, I checked the ECAS link I cant check the progress on there, I am awaiting to hear from CHC the outcome of my Criminal rehabilitation application I had to apply for full rehabilitation which can take up to a year to process according to CHC website, I received an email in april with a ref number starting with RHB then 7 numbers it said I am being processed or awaiting to be processed and that they will not reply to any further emails until the year has passed and to await the outcome, I have a job offer thro LMO in Alberta and am wondering if anyone knows what happens if my application goes past the 12 months if it means that my application will be unsuccessful? also if anyone was unsuccessful in their application did they wait a full year to be told the result of their application?

Thanks again Siouxie.