regarding my birth certificate

Old Mar 11th 2014, 9:28 am
Just Joined

confusedimmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default regarding my birth certificate

Hi,

I am about to apply for my permanent resideny soon. I was born in India but an Australian citizen. My birth cerficate was in Hindi from India that I got translated into english through a certified translator in Australia who is registered with a government organisation.

I am also going to attac

Can I please check if that will be accepted or do I need to get it translated here in Canada too ?

Thanks
Old Mar 11th 2014, 11:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: regarding my birth certificate

Hi

Originally Posted by confusedimmigrant
Hi,

I am about to apply for my permanent resideny soon. I was born in India but an Australian citizen. My birth cerficate was in Hindi from India that I got translated into english through a certified translator in Australia who is registered with a government organisation.

I am also going to attac

Can I please check if that will be accepted or do I need to get it translated here in Canada too ?

Thanks
Maybe, as long as it was translated by a certified translator it is fine but you would require an affidavit as well. So if you don't have the sworn affidavit, then you will need to have it translated in Canada.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.