Regarding A-LMO

Old Jun 6th 2012, 2:26 am
Just Joined

preeti_9393 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Regarding A-LMO

Hi,

My employer had applied for my LMO and it was refused for the first time mentioning that they haven't taken efforts to recruit canadians/ permanent residents. After that my employer had advertised and interviewed candidates and planning to apply again for the LMO.

Please advice me if my employer applies through the A-LMO option, since my case has already been rejected, will they deny my application or is it advisable to apply through the regular process including all the details of the advertisement, job offer letter etc.

Please advice me in this regard.

Thanks.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regarding A-LMO

Not sure what a A-LMO is but my employer had 2 LMO rejections before he succeded on the 3rd.
Good luck..
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

If you look at the CIC link in the wiki:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Accele...Opinion-Canada

You'll see that A-LMOs are of course processed quicker - but there are requirements for the employer.

The main ones that might be relevant to your employer are that in order to apply for the A-LMO - the employer must have been issued at least one positive LMO within the last two years.

Also - the A-LMO does not get rid of the advertising and recruitment efforts requirement.

It's purely designed to speed up LMOs for companies that have already had those issued before.

Last edited by Siphorous; Jun 6th 2012 at 2:29 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siphorous
If you look at the CIC link in the wiki:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Accele...Opinion-Canada

You'll see that A-LMOs are of course processed quicker - but there are requirements for the employer.

The main ones that might be relevant to your employer are that in order to apply for the A-LMO - the employer must have been issued at least one positive LMO within the last two years.

Also - the A-LMO does not get rid of the advertising and recruitment efforts requirement.

It's purely designed to speed up LMOs for companies that have already had those issued before.
Thank you so much. After the 1st rejection my employer advertised and conducted interviews as well. And have 3 positive LMO issued in the last two years. My LMO they have approved initially in 2010 and is getting expired this month. This is my 2nd LMO Application and they rejected it last month saying that we haven't taken 'sufficient efforts to recruit Canadians in this occupation'.

My confusion is if i apply through A-LMO process, we will not be submitting any other documents (advertisement copies, interview rating sheet etc.) along with the application form. Since my application had already been denied, still am I eligible for the same or will it be a problem?
Old Jun 6th 2012, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GC44
Not sure what a A-LMO is but my employer had 2 LMO rejections before he succeded on the 3rd.
Good luck..
Thank you so much for the response
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by preeti_9393
Thank you so much. After the 1st rejection my employer advertised and conducted interviews as well. And have 3 positive LMO issued in the last two years. My LMO they have approved initially in 2010 and is getting expired this month. This is my 2nd LMO Application and they rejected it last month saying that we haven't taken 'sufficient efforts to recruit Canadians in this occupation'.

My confusion is if i apply through A-LMO process, we will not be submitting any other documents (advertisement copies, interview rating sheet etc.) along with the application form. Since my application had already been denied, still am I eligible for the same or will it be a problem?
As your employer has had those positive LMOs - they are eligible to apply for an A-LMO... BUT - it depends on the skill level of your occupation.

A-LMOs are only applicable to skill type 0 or skill level A, B on the NOC list of occupations.

So, even if they meet other criteria (including advertising) - the NOC skill level of your occupation could prevent them applying for one.

Assuming that's not an issue - then the minimum advertising requirements are listed below (applicable to A-LMOs and 'normal' LMOs):

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...crutment.shtml

All your employer can do is to be absolutely certain they meet all the requirements by covering all their bases and try again. There's nothing to stop your employer trying again (despite the denial of the LMO they had for you). There's no guarantees of course though - good luck!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

I forgot to add - you say the LMO that you had issued in 2010 is expiring 'this month'.

In that respect - LMOs can be still used if they are valid at the time the application was received. It may be of no use to you in your situation but I thought I'd mention it just in case. See here for more info on that:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...012/ob152A.asp
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:36 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I forgot to add - you say the LMO that you had issued in 2010 is expiring 'this month'.

In that respect - LMOs can be still used if they are valid at the time the application was received. It may be of no use to you in your situation but I thought I'd mention it just in case. See here for more info on that:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...012/ob152A.asp
Note the LMOs are only valid for 6 months to apply for a work permit.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Note the LMOs are only valid for 6 months to apply for a work permit.
Yup, a good point. I should have picked up on that given I had read that page I linked

I was just going by the poster's message regarding the LMO expiring 'this month'
Old Jun 8th 2012, 2:01 am
Account Closed

PeddiePooh is an unknown quantity at this point

Preeti - may I ask where was your LMO was processed please and how long did it take before you got the replies for negative / positive?

Many thanks

Peddie
Old Jun 8th 2012, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Hi Preeti, when I had my LMO done a couple of years back my employer had to advertise for minimum of two weeks. It was rejected a couple of times. But it came down to a case of not advertising long enough and not having the advert in enough places.
We applied through the regular process and submitted adverts etc.
Hope this helps.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:09 am
Just Joined

Yup, a good point. I should have picked up on that given I had read that page I linked

I was just going by the poster's message regarding the LMO expiring 'this month'
Thanks. I was mistaken with the LMO expiry date and work permit expiry date. I thought LMO duration and expiry date as same. It was my mistake. My employer is going to apply it through A-LMO process and hope everything goes well. Thanks for all your help
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PeddiePooh
Preeti - may I ask where was your LMO was processed please and how long did it take before you got the replies for negative / positive?

Many thanks

Peddie
It took 1 month for them to give us a -ve LMO