Refused Entry in USA

Old Jun 11th 2004, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Sher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant future
Default Refused Entry in USA,Will the same happen for Canada?

Hi Andrew and the the rest of the gurus,

I would appreciate some info on the following,

My partner was refused entry for L1 to USA due to one piece of paper not being authentic (long story, used a broker) and as a result my son n I were also refused as dependents after that my son and I tried to visit usa for a 2 week holiday and were refused entry at the USA Airport.

Will this reflect the decision for the PR application made for Canada, when submitting the paperwork for PR we have stated in there that we were refused L1 due to insufficient paperwork. Bearing in mind the PR application has been made in my name as the principal applicant and can asure you all paperwork has been checked and double checked by me to make sure that i am not submitting anything to raise a question mark, all papers can be verified and have been verified by my bank manager. What are the chances that they will inquire with US Consulate in London about this?

Many thanks.

Sher

Last edited by Sher; Jun 11th 2004 at 8:34 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 2:36 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refused Entry in USA,Will the same happen for Canada?

Hi Sher

Originally posted by Sher
Hi Andrew and the the rest of the gurus,

I would appreciate some info on the following,

My partner was refused entry for L1 to USA due to one piece of paper not being authentic (long story, used a broker) and as a result my son n I were also refused as dependents after that my son and I tried to visit usa for a 2 week holiday and were refused entry at the USA Airport.

Will this reflect the decision for the PR application made for Canada, when submitting the paperwork for PR we have stated in there that we were refused L1 due to insufficient paperwork. Bearing in mind the PR application has been made in my name as the principal applicant and can asure you all paperwork has been checked and double checked by me to make sure that i am not submitting anything to raise a question mark, all papers can be verified and have been verified by my bank manager. What are the chances that they will inquire with US Consulate in London about this?

Many thanks.

Sher
Yes they will check with the US on the refusal and find out the reason. If it was for submitting a false document, you can be assured that they probably will look at the all the documents submitted with a fine tooth comb.

PMM
Old Jun 12th 2004, 2:45 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

And it will affect your Canadian application when CIC finds out from Americans that refusal was not due to "insufficient documents" but it was result of a fraud (submitting fake documents). Misrepresenting facts (lying about reasons for refusal) will make your Canadian application also fraudulent.

Originally posted by PMM
Hi Sher

Yes they will check with the US on the refusal and find out the reason. If it was for submitting a false document, you can be assured that they probably will look at the all the documents submitted with a fine tooth comb.

PMM
Old Jun 12th 2004, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Sher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
And it will affect your Canadian application when CIC finds out from Americans that refusal was not due to "insufficient documents" but it was result of a fraud (submitting fake documents). Misrepresenting facts (lying about reasons for refusal) will make your Canadian application also fraudulent.
Thanks for the prompt reply Andrew.

Is there anything that can be done to rectify this?

Sher
Old Jun 12th 2004, 4:16 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Try to tell the truth.

Thanks for the prompt reply Andrew.

Is there anything that can be done to rectify this?

Sher
Old Jun 12th 2004, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
Try to tell the truth.
Hi Andrew,

So are you saying that I should write to them now whilst my status says "in process" and let them know?

Sher
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

prodigy346 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, just explain to them that when you said insufficient, you really meant forged. Say it was an oversight, and that you are sorry. Explain also that a broker that was involved, and that the mistake was a result of bad advice. Also say something like, I understand that this may raise suspicions about documents submitted in this case, and that you are willing to provide any information or documents to substantiate your application.

If you are honest, you should be fine. You should send the letter now. Keep a copy of the letter in case they accuse you later of lying on the application form.

Hi Andrew,

So are you saying that I should write to them now whilst my status says "in process" and let them know?

Sher