REFUSED..!! DRINK DRIVING BAN'S.

Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: REFUSED..!! DRINK DRIVING BAN'S.

<channels bazzz>

<notices we're on the immigration forum and thinks better of it>
Old Jun 18th 2008, 11:35 am

canconfused is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm a canadian citizen living in the UK trying to get my british husband permanent residency in canada so i can attend a trial in canada for the death of my father who was killed last november by an impaired, hit & run driver. the police caught the driver 4 days later in liquor store. i have never met this person, but i hate him more than i have ever hated anyone in my life. i want to be in the courtroom this autumn to show the judge and jury how much pain this man has caused my family, and how unfair it was for my dad's life to be taken from him in this manner.

the last time i spoke to my father was a few days before he died, i was in the hospital and just given birth to his granddaughter who he never had the chance to meet. i was calling him to tell him that she was healthy and beautiful, and that he was a "poppa" again.

sometimes in life our actions and mistakes have consequences to others, sometimes in life our actions and mistakes have consequences to ourselves.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 12:39 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

sometimes in life our actions and mistakes have consequences to others, sometimes in life our actions and mistakes have consequences to ourselves.
Ann M, i agree with your last statement 100%
Maybe i did have a little dig at you and MrsDV! Its just that your first comment seemed a very negative one. I know drink driving has a very big stigma attached to it (and quite right too) But he has gotten help and no longer drinks !
People with problems need help and support to get over them. Telling them they are stupid and deserve what they get isnt going to help the situation is it ?
If supporting somebody gets them of drink or drugs then its got to be worth it.
Only then will we see less drunk/drug drivers on the road !

Canconfused
I am very sorry for your tragic loss
Your comment at the end is very true and very poignant.

GLW just wants to have a fresh start in the fantastic country that is Canada and i for one hope it all works out well !

Last edited by dazzlerdaz; Jun 18th 2008 at 12:41 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:23 pm

canconfused is an unknown quantity at this point

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-46/

through that link you can find the punishments for crimes convicted in canada
Old Jun 18th 2008, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canconfused
i'm a canadian citizen living in the UK trying to get my british husband permanent residency in canada so i can attend a trial in canada for the death of my father who was killed last november by an impaired, hit & run driver. the police caught the driver 4 days later in liquor store. i have never met this person, but i hate him more than i have ever hated anyone in my life. i want to be in the courtroom this autumn to show the judge and jury how much pain this man has caused my family, and how unfair it was for my dad's life to be taken from him in this manner.

the last time i spoke to my father was a few days before he died, i was in the hospital and just given birth to his granddaughter who he never had the chance to meet. i was calling him to tell him that she was healthy and beautiful, and that he was a "poppa" again.

I sympathise so much with you and wish you much courage to face up to this impending trial. Some years ago, the father of a close friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver. I shall never forget her grief.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 5:26 pm
riding the saltchuck

Edna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond reputeEdna Bucket has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canconfused

I fully understand how much you need to be at the trial, and also how much you need your husband there for support. This has been a terrible time for you and there is a need to see justice done in order to help you come to terms with it all.

Despite the comments of some posters I am not setting myself up as "judge and jury" that is done by the persons who are appointed for the purpose. But when it comes down to forgiving people for their "mistakes" it is not so easy with this type of offence as drink-drivers have usually done it many, many times before, and sometimes after, they get caught.

Maybe your husband could obtain a visitor visa so that he can be with you?
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:23 pm
glw
Just Joined

glw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really nice

Thanks for all your opinion's , nobody knows better than i do, of the actions that i took on those two occasions and the ways in which i'm still paying for them. Fortunately the only person who got hurt was me, like you say , what goes around comes around.
yours still having the faith GLW.
ps: does any body know a definite answer..
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:30 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glw
PMM, who is an expert, responded in post #7.
x
Old Jun 18th 2008, 9:39 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glw
Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
PMM, who is an expert, responded in post #7.
x
Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

On indictment the maximum is 5 years.

There you go.

What a moving thread.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:07 pm
glw
Just Joined

glw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really niceglw is just really nice

5 years ended in january of this year, could it be the fact of one or more crimes of the same nature, 10 years has lapsed since the first offence.??

Last edited by glw; Jun 18th 2008 at 10:11 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest that it has to be ten years since the last offence - otherwise, how can rehabilitation be taking place, if the same or other offences are occurring in the meantime?

The date of the conviction of the second offence would be when the ten year rule kicks off .... when ten years it up, from that date, it should qualify for CHC to deem you rehabilitated. I suspect that is not what you want to hear - have you sought any expert assistance on this ? This might be your next step ....
Old Jun 18th 2008, 10:38 pm
glw
Just Joined

This is where it seems to be a grey area, 5years 10 years, where from and what for etc . I do think you are probably right with the 10 years. i just feel, i needed to try all the possibilities, in the knowing i've done all that i can.
Expert assistance may very well be the next step. thank you.
EXPO CANADA . COM ,this weekend at leeds, may be worth a visit.

Last edited by glw; Jun 18th 2008 at 10:44 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know but it might be the 2 offences that are the problem, rather than the time lapsed? I looked at an old thread you posted in glw, and AM's response to the poster above you about rehabilitation clearly stated "if 1 offence". I don't know what changes after the 2nd offence but I take it from his post that something does. You should get professional help if you intend to pursue entry to Canada, I don't think any of us armchair experts know this kind of stuff.