Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

REFUSAL LETTER - HELP ANYONE - PLEASE

REFUSAL LETTER - HELP ANYONE - PLEASE

Old Nov 15th 2007, 11:38 pm
going back to UK Dec 1st

Location: Mississauga near Toronto - Moving To UK - Birmingham in 7 Weeks
Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future
Default REFUSAL LETTER - HELP ANYONE - PLEASE

HI ALL,

this morning we got the ultimate shock after 3 years in waiting and jumping through hoops - refusal letter saying we have only 65 points.

they have given incorrect points completely missing out 2 points for having a relative in canada - they gave us 3 points - it is clear as night and day - can we do anything or shall we give up. ??

i rng them and left message to call us urgently and emailed CIC stating the error - we submitted my wife's uncles details and pr card and passport - he has lived there for the past 18 yrs. this info was given in the original application.

we had medicals in Jan 07 and nearly a year later we get this discusting outcome due to someone who can't even do their job properly.

really really angry and upset at this time - me and my wife are distraught
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: REFUSAL LETTER - HELP ANYONE - PLEASE

Sorry to hear this.

You have to prove your relative lives in Canada, not just is allowed to live there. Did you send bills, rent statements etc?

I'm sure others can give info, but I've seen this mentioned a lot on here. A search may help.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

OH MY GOD that is awful, I feel for you I really do.
I think the best thing to do is to seek advice from a consultant.
I hope you get the response you wish for.
Take care and god bless
Julie
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

pete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant futurepete66 has a brilliant future

Hi

You have to have solid proof that they actually live in Canada. So for my application, my aunt had to provide copies of her tax returns, credit card bill and utility bills.

If you can provide this then I am sure you will be fine. It must have been a shock for you

Pete
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny Dulai
HI ALL,

this morning we got the ultimate shock after 3 years in waiting and jumping through hoops - refusal letter saying we have only 65 points.

they have given incorrect points completely missing out 2 points for having a relative in canada - they gave us 3 points - it is clear as night and day - can we do anything or shall we give up. ??

i rng them and left message to call us urgently and emailed CIC stating the error - we submitted my wife's uncles details and pr card and passport - he has lived there for the past 18 yrs. this info was given in the original application.

we had medicals in Jan 07 and nearly a year later we get this discusting outcome due to someone who can't even do their job properly.

really really angry and upset at this time - me and my wife are distraught
wow what a shock, after such a long time as well, so sorry to here your news, i thought you only got as far as medicals at the last stage after everything else had been approved ?
hope it can be sorted out quickly for you, keep your chin up if it is a mistake i am sure it should be put right, i have just read something sim on another forum,

sue
Old Nov 16th 2007, 12:47 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunny Dulai
Sunny,

How do you know that you got 2 points for relative? Was it stated in refusal letter? If yes then the only reason for awarding less than 5 points is that you got already more than 5 points in other factors for Adaptability - the max number of allowed points for Adaptability is 10.

But if letter doesn't state how many points you got for each factor then something may be wrong with your calculation and you may have lost 2 points somewhere else.

The troubling part here is that you got request for medicals and CHC London (if this is where you applied) is not sending medical forms before positive selection decision is made. Also 10 months from medicals to refusal seems way too long for London, unless there are other factors involved. You shouldn't get request for medicals from London without enough points under normal circumstances.

It also could be that preliminary assessment gave you enough points but something didn't check out during background check and points were deducted.

Or it is a mistake, although I can't imagine why would officer give 3 points, instead of 5, for relative if it was still within 10 points max for Adaptability.

To recap the relative in Canada matter - there are only 3 options available when assessing claim of having relative in Canada:

1. claim not conclusively proven - 0 points

2a. claim conclusively proven - 10 points, or

2b. claim conclusively proven but there are already more than 5 points awarded in other factors for Adaptability - thus only the balance to reach the cap of 10 points is awarded.

No other option.

You need serious help and you need it like yesterday, you have no time to waste.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Nov 16th 2007 at 12:56 am.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:07 am
going back to UK Dec 1st

Sunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant futureSunny Dulai has a brilliant future

thanks you guys for your helpful replies - question for andrew

the 3 points i got were for adaptabilty

but i proved with my uncles PR card and passport and bills that he is a resident living in Canada

point assessment by CIC London Officer :

Age 10 = correct

Education 15 = incorrect but possible grey are on how they interpreted my info

language 16 = correct as my native is English

2nd language 0 = correct as i don't know french

Experience 21 = correct

Arranged Employment 0 = correct

Adaptabilty 3 = incorrect as my wife a uncle as resident in Canada

any ideas ?????
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:20 am

If the 3 points you got are the only points for Adaptability then it sounds like they are points for spouse's education as any other factor carries 5 points. Spouse's education carries 3 to 5 points.

Looks to me that (1) you lost desired points in Education after background check couldn't verify your claim and (2) you were not awarded points for relative at all.

(1) What you claimed as education level and number of years of education? It can be that you didn't prove what you claimed, although if your evidence was inconclusive then you should have been asked for update. Or background check conclusively found that you only should get 15 points.

BTW - never, ever leave anything up to the interpretation of processing officer.

(2) Seems that you didn't provide conclusive evidence for claiming relative in Canada. But again - if it was inconclusive you should have been asked for more.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 1:32 am
going back to UK Dec 1st

hi andrew - thanks for quick reply

looking deep into what has gone on i now recall that when we had ***** as our original consultants (based in Mississauga - Ontario) we sent all our completed info to them

then my uncle handed them all his info in person

i assumed they had sent my uncles info along with my original application - but what if they hadn't ???

all this time i'm assuming that they had all the info at CIC but there is still my uncles info left in some file in Mississauga.

we did not need ***** (con merchants) anymore as when i went to CIC london 2 yrs ago they advised me to forget them and deal with it myself and the nice women at CIC help desk put in our address for all future correspondance. i cannot get in contact with them anymore

what can i do now ??????
Old Nov 16th 2007, 2:00 am

You have to fight and you need to do it fast and hard. I will also add that there must be more to it than just your ex-reps mishandling the case - seems London was OK with whatever they had when decided to send request for meds with forms. Something changed since that time, something what may not be a fault of your ex-reps (despite the fact that I agree with your description of them).

If it would be just an error made by officer then things would be easier, but fact that you got medicals tells me it is not just an error. You really need serious help and not from your ex-reps or alike.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 2:05 am
going back to UK Dec 1st

andrew - who can give me serious help ???? can you ???
Old Nov 16th 2007, 2:34 am

I don't know yet, but I can try to find out if I can.

Email me copy of refusal letter (and your CAIPS printout if by any chance you got one already) and I'll see what can be done. My email address is on my website.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say that I really feel for you!
To have waited so long and even had your meds then to be told that you are refused is terrible!

I hope you are able to sort this out and quickly.

Please let us know how you get on.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner has family in Canada:

No, or worked less than one year full-time in Canada - 0 pointsYes, we have a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, sibling, child of a grandparent, aunt or uncle, or grandchild of a parent, niece or nephew who is residing in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident - 5 points

Cut&paste from the Canadian immigration points calculator website......

To me its black and white you should have got 5 points
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

Oh Sunny,

I really feel for you. Fingers crossed Andrew Miller can help you, or point you in the right direction, he seems a very knowledgeable chap (no pressure Andrew!!)

Good luck, let us all know what happens,
Rachel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.