Wikiposts

Refusal for family class

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

elivip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Refusal for family class

Hi, I am sponsoring my husband from Bulgaria.He went for interview on 16 of April and the visa officer told him they will refused him visa because our relationship is not based on love and our marriage is for immigration perpose.They told him that we have 30 days to send any other papers if we have and after that the refusal letter will be send to us for the court. Of course we sent more papers and it has been 2 months since that we have not heard anything from them. I need help. Please tell me what I can do because I would like to fight for my rights and for my family rights. I would like to speak with somebody who can help my family, but I do not know who can I speak with. I got a lower but it does not seems to me that he does to much, so I really need to speak with somebody in real. Please help me!! I want to be with my husband ASAP, I am waisting a precious time with my family!!I am really desperate!!
Thank you!!

Last edited by elivip; Jun 2nd 2007 at 3:22 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:06 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Refusal for family class

What kind of lawyer you've got? Is he exclusively an immigration lawyer who has experience with spousal sponsorship refusals and you hired him after your husbands interview? If yes then you are likely in good hands. If not an exclusive immigration lawyer and you hired him before interview then he is no good.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

elivip is an unknown quantity at this point

The lawyer I have got is immigration lawyer from Toronto, he does all the immigration issues, refusals, appeals under family class. I hired him after my husband went for interview and they told him they will refused him visa. We do not have the refusal letter yet from the embassy and it has been 2 months after my husband went for interview. So besides the lawyer I would like to see or speak with somebody from the Citizenship and Immigration or the Parliament to defend my family but I do not know how I can get in contact with somebody. I even do not know my rights. Any information will appreciated.
Thank you!!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:43 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Rely on your lawyer and don't panic. You messed up with the sponsorship big time, so let your lawyer try to fix it without you messing it up any more. Do only what your lawyer tells you to do. Things don't happen overnight, so be patient.

It is not about "defending family" - it is about fixing what you and your husband messed up in the application package and during interview. And believe me - you messed up a lot. Now let professional do his job.