Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Refugee Claimant and Closed WORK PERMIT

Refugee Claimant and Closed WORK PERMIT

Old May 3rd 2019, 3:54 am
Just Joined

johnwilliam123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Refugee Claimant and Closed WORK PERMIT

Hi All,

I was a refugee claimant in Canada but my application was denied in 2012. Now I applied for my third H & C application but still waiting on the decision. I am working on open work permit from last 7 years. Now my employer wants to hire me on CLOSED work permit. Now I have following questions:
1) Do I need to get LMIA OR not? Reason I am asking, working for the same employer from last couple of years
2) Do I need to leave Canada to get my closed work permit.
3) Please tell me specific OR helpful opinions in this regard.

Thanks
Old May 3rd 2019, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Refugee Claimant and Closed WORK PERMIT

Why does he want to hire you on a closed work permit? There is a reason why failed refugee claimants get open work permits is so that they can work for any employer. A closed work permit also limits your ability to work if they laid you off or fired you.
Old May 3rd 2019, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, actually I am a failed refugee claimant, I can not travel outside Canada to anywhere. Now with CLOSED work permit, I will get a freedom to go in and out of Canada, that's the only reason I want to change my status back to normal worker as compared to refugee status. Please help me out in this respect. I don't know what will be the outcome of my current H and C, most chances are it will be the same like before i.e. rejection.

With work permit, after one-two yrs , I can apply for express entry and get immigration.
Old May 3rd 2019, 11:24 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by johnwilliam123
Thanks for the reply, actually I am a failed refugee claimant, I can not travel outside Canada to anywhere. Now with CLOSED work permit, I will get a freedom to go in and out of Canada, that's the only reason I want to change my status back to normal worker as compared to refugee status. Please help me out in this respect. I don't know what will be the outcome of my current H and C, most chances are it will be the same like before i.e. rejection.

With work permit, after one-two yrs , I can apply for express entry and get immigration.
1. If you are a failed refugee claimant, it doesn't matter if you have an open or closed work permit, if you leave Canada, you have effected your own deportation and would not be readmitted to Canada.

Old May 8th 2019, 7:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks for replying,
If I get LMIA approved, Can I apply for PR under federal skill trade program while living in Canada. I have more than 7 years of experience in construction in Canada only.

Thanks
Old May 10th 2019, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see how you would even be able to get a LMIA and even be eligible to apply for PR status under any stream as you have been issued with a removal order that at the moment cannot be enforced. You mention this is your 3rd H & C application. Have you been previously denied for H & C reasons or just that the applications were refused? So although the 3rd application no decision has been rendered by the authorities regarding H & C grounds. You do realize that once you have exhausted all of your legal remedies that you will have to leave Canada within 30 days once the removal order comes into force or if you don't it automatically turns into a Deportation Order and if still in Canada then liable to arrest and being detained.
At the moment you are inadmissible based on the 44(1) Report written against you for Non Compliance with the Act and commonly known as Immigrant Without A Visa.