Reference letters for FSW app

Old Mar 23rd 2014, 7:59 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reference letters for FSW app

Hi folks

Quick question, I had planned to go through the FSW 1 app back in 2012, then then paused brought out the list in 2013 and my occupation was not on it. Fast forward to today and I managed to get out to Canada via a work permit and I'm now about to apply for PR via the FSW 2 stream IE with arranged employment.

Back in 2012 I spent a considerable time trying to get the reference letters with more success with some employers than others. My question is the checklist says nothing about the dates of the reference letters so can I use the letters I have and attach a brief explanation that there dated 2012 as I'd planned to apply for PR then but because of CIC changes I'm applying now.

Thanks

Mike
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 9:59 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reference letters for FSW app

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Hi folks

Quick question, I had planned to go through the FSW 1 app back in 2012, then then paused brought out the list in 2013 and my occupation was not on it. Fast forward to today and I managed to get out to Canada via a work permit and I'm now about to apply for PR via the FSW 2 stream IE with arranged employment.

Back in 2012 I spent a considerable time trying to get the reference letters with more success with some employers than others. My question is the checklist says nothing about the dates of the reference letters so can I use the letters I have and attach a brief explanation that there dated 2012 as I'd planned to apply for PR then but because of CIC changes I'm applying now.

Thanks

Mike
I had a quick look through the manuals and couldn't see any requirement for reference letters to be 'recent' just that they had to be for any jobs held for the past 10 years.

Presuming that the contact information for each company remains the same, I think you should be ok with doing what you have suggested. If any of the contact details have changed, you may want to get in touch with the companies first and get updated info from them, to be on the safe side, in case CIC wish to contact them to confirm anything.

Old Mar 23rd 2014, 4:17 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reference letters for FSW app

Thanks for your help Siouxie