Reentry after short visit to usa

Old Oct 17th 2015, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

hoyler30589 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reentry after short visit to usa

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or story's to share that could help us.

My wife (Canadian) and I (British) have been married for 2.5years and lived In UK and Spain. We are applying outland for my residency in Canada and I'm currently with my wife in Canada.

My 6months expires in December and all my extended family are going to Florida for a Christmas holiday and we want to go too.

If I go to USA will the Canadians allow me back in on original stamp and then I can apply for extension as long as my stamp hasn't expired

Or will it be a case of new entry new stamp and if so what's best to do to try secure entry. I'm thinking like onward plane tickets and that kind of thing.

I really appreciate all your help and the time you take to read my post
Old Oct 17th 2015, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reentry after short visit to usa

Originally Posted by hoyler30589
Hi I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or story's to share that could help us.

My wife (Canadian) and I (British) have been married for 2.5years and lived In UK and Spain. We are applying outland for my residency in Canada and I'm currently with my wife in Canada.

My 6months expires in December and all my extended family are going to Florida for a Christmas holiday and we want to go too.

If I go to USA will the Canadians allow me back in on original stamp and then I can apply for extension as long as my stamp hasn't expired

Or will it be a case of new entry new stamp and if so what's best to do to try secure entry. I'm thinking like onward plane tickets and that kind of thing.

I really appreciate all your help and the time you take to read my post
When do you intend to return to the UK?
if you go to the USA then when you travel back to Canada it will be treated as a new entry. You could be given another 6 months or have your stay limited. I would take proof that you are married to a Canadian and tell them about your spousal application and see what happens after that.
Old Oct 17th 2015, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

hoyler30589 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
When do you intend to return to the UK?
if you go to the USA then when you travel back to Canada it will be treated as a new entry. You could be given another 6 months or have your stay limited. I would take proof that you are married to a Canadian and tell them about your spousal application and see what happens after that.
Thank you I was kind of hoping to not have to return to UK and stay here with my wife whilst it's processed as I thought that's allowed if I get let back in :-)
Old Oct 18th 2015, 7:06 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Have a copy of your application acknowledgement of receipt/sponsorship approval, ECAS printout and fees paid. When you re-enter, request entry under dual intent. You can read more here: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki - Can I wait in Canada while my application is being processed: Dual Intent