Wikiposts

Recommended migration agent

Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

angel659 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommended migration agent

Hi

I am looking on the internet. There are quite a few migrant agents. Can anyone please recommend an agent.

Many thanks
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended migration agent

Originally Posted by angel659
Hi

I am looking on the internet. There are quite a few migrant agents. Can anyone please recommend an agent.

Many thanks
What exactly do you need help with?

Whatever you do, don't use an 'agent', use a licenced CSIC immigration consultant. You can check the CSIC website to make sure they are accredited.

Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

A lot of people on here have not used an agent, if your case is straight forward it is possible to apply without the use of a representative. Go to the CIC website and have a look at the route details that you are apply along, check out the forms and see if anything comes up that would complicate your application. If nothing seems to, why not have a go at doing it yourself and save money in the process.

By the way, you still have to complete the forms yourself if you use an agent, there are just a layer of protection to make sure you have completed it all correctly and to help you if you are unsure. You will also have to gather all of the documentation required yourself, so when you look at it you still do most of the work.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

angel659 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your advice. I thought it maybe easier, my friend recently emigrated to Melbourne and used an agency. If I can do it all myself and save some money then that would be excellent. Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your advice. I thought it maybe easier, my friend recently emigrated to Melbourne and used an agency. If I can do it all myself and save some money then that would be excellent. Thanks

What kind of application will you be doing? If it's complicated or you have unusual circumstances, then a CSIC consultant may be a good idea - but if it's straightforward then there should be no need to pay anybody else to do it for you.

Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:38 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if this will help...but its general background anyway...

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Immigr...ultants-Canada
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi Angel, I'll give you the advice that most people who've spent a bit of time going through the immigration process will give you.
Save yourself some cash and complete your own application.
We applied in September 2006 as Skilled Workers.
We used a registered immigration advisor - Willis Brazolot & Co - that has cost us £6K of our hard earned cash
Other than plenty of promises before we signed up we've received very little in return. They did get our application typed up and sent to London.
But we spent all our time and cash getting those documents together.
When I did say we were doing a recce trip in Feb 2009 and could they give us advice about employers/potential interviews etc.
They explained that was not included in our contract. But they would be happy to upgrade us and help if we gave them another £3k.
Being a bit wiser, I told them we'd make our own arrangements thank-you very much.
Don't give your money to sharks. You earned it & you'll definitely need it.
I'm sure all in this forum will help you with any application questions, it's a very simple process. Do as much research & info gathering on your own.

Last edited by Jimsan; Jul 14th 2009 at 8:19 am. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:14 am
Just Joined

webbsworld is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have been looking at using Willis Brazolot to help me through the process. We went to an exhibition in Leeds where they were the only immigration company there. They quoted £4515 for the fee, which they said included help with job searching, preparation for a visa interview if necessary, help when on fact finding trips in Canada etc. We had completed the contract and ready to post it the other day, but something was telling me to hang on and get some more information about this company. I am so pleased I subscribed to this site, it has given me a lot of information over the last few days, thank you. I began to research fees through Abrams & Krochak and Campbell Cohen which are both half the fee that Willis Brazolot were charging.

I have also looked at the CIC website and it does look straightforward to apply without any help from immigration consultants.

I think this will be the way I will apply and save myself at least £4500. Any success stories from anyone who did not use immigration consultants would be gratefully received to give me some confidence to go it alone.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:27 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webbsworld
Any success stories from anyone who did not use immigration consultants would be gratefully received to give me some confidence to go it alone.
I think a huge chunk of people who're on this site have gone it alone.

I did and have just received my passport back with a shiny visa within. The process is actually easier than it looks, albeit some of the form sections can be a tad confusing. If the latter gets to you then just post your question or query on here and somebody will for sure answer it.

Now sit back and mentally spend the money you saved on some toys

Good luck
Old Aug 10th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Many thanks
Hi angle1659
If you do feel you need the services of an agent ' Paul Wildy ' would be a good starting point you can find his contact info by doing a search on the menu bar at the top of the screen under ' members list'.

regards
Joinerboy
Old Aug 10th 2009, 6:35 am
Just Joined

Hi

Many thanks for your advice. It is great to know that there are poeple out there tha will be able to help with any awkward sections of the dreaded form filling.

Oh and yes I have already mentally spent the money I will have saved!!!

Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future

Hi

Many thanks
Hi, we are using Willis Brazolot as our agents as we thought it would be much easier, but the previous threads are right, we have done all the running around getting police checks etc done. We have no complaints about them, they are very friendly and helpful. It is personal choice, we wanted to make sure that our paperwork was correct first time, rather than being delayed by incorrect information, they also kept us informed of new immigration rules etc.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:51 am
Just Joined

How far down the process are you with Willis Brazolot? Was your quoted fee about the same as mine (£4515)? Did you research any other agents?
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Recommended migration agent

Originally Posted by webbsworld
How far down the process are you with Willis Brazolot? Was your quoted fee about the same as mine (£4515)? Did you research any other agents?
We submitted our initial application over 18 months ago and had heard nothing, in January 09 Willis Brazolot contacted us and told us of a change in the immigration process and advised us to withdraw our application and resubmit a new one under the new FSW which we did, we have just received our AOR and have been told that CHC should be back in touch with us within the next 8 months. We would never have known about this new list had it not been for Willis Brazolot.

The cost I can't remember but I think it was slightly more, we have to pay for 2 adults and 1 child. If you need more info pm me and I will get my hhusbandto dig out the exact figures for you if you want, he is better at this sort of thing than me.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Lorrden
We submitted our initial application over 18 months ago and had heard nothing, in January 09 Willis Brazolot contacted us and told us of a change in the immigration process and advised us to withdraw our application and resubmit a new one under the new FSW which we did, we have just received our AOR and have been told that CHC should be back in touch with us within the next 8 months. We would never have known about this new list had it not been for Willis Brazolot.
But it was announced in Feb 2008 that the system was being overhauled, and the final list of occupations in demand was announced in Oct 2008 - so why did they take until January 2009 to tell you?!? That's outrageous!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.