Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for FSW EE Application

Recommendations for FSW EE Application

Old Jan 3rd 2022, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Denlar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommendations for FSW EE Application

Hi, first time posting here.

Me and my wife (UK) are just kicking off our journey to apply for our EE application as we appear that we meet the eligibility criteria. I have a Master's degree and 3+ years in a level B NOC and my wife will have 2 years experience in the same skilled trade bracket.
I have 15 year's experience in the Oil/Gas industry and looking to Alberta for the obvious opportunities in my field.

We had a consultation with Brazolot (before you bombard me with warnings I already know what you are going to say) and couldn't stomach the £4k+ on top of the government fees. I know you guys are against this but we do really want assistance from an immigration consultant to remove some of the stress and ensure an accurate application is registered. Question 1: What are the reputable organisations out there who aren't charging ridiculous fee's?

We are currently in the process of booking our IELTS and organising the ECA. Question 2: Should I submit my HNC and MSc (different subjects but relevant to O&G industry) to be ECA'd?

We seem to have a CRS score of 502 (IELTS going well) but were perturbed by some of the latest minimum invitation scores. Question 3:Does this seem a bit low for our chances for EE?

Any feedback is welcome and ask away at any questions you might have! It sure feels like a minefield at the moment but we are going to give whatever it takes!
Old Jan 3rd 2022, 6:30 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for FSW EE Application

Originally Posted by Denlar
Hi, first time posting here.

Me and my wife (UK) are just kicking off our journey to apply for our EE application as we appear that we meet the eligibility criteria. I have a Master's degree and 3+ years in a level B NOC and my wife will have 2 years experience in the same skilled trade bracket.
I have 15 year's experience in the Oil/Gas industry and looking to Alberta for the obvious opportunities in my field.
Hi

We had a consultation with Brazolot (before you bombard me with warnings I already know what you are going to say) and couldn't stomach the £4k+ on top of the government fees. I know you guys are against this but we do really want assistance from an immigration consultant to remove some of the stress and ensure an accurate application is registered. Question 1: What are the reputable organisations out there who aren't charging ridiculous fee's?

We are currently in the process of booking our IELTS and organising the ECA. Question 2: Should I submit my HNC and MSc (different subjects but relevant to O&G industry) to be ECA'd?

We seem to have a CRS score of 502 (IELTS going well) but were perturbed by some of the latest minimum invitation scores. Question 3:Does this seem a bit low for our chances for EE?

Any feedback is welcome and ask away at any questions you might have! It sure feels like a minefield at the moment but we are going to give whatever it takes!
1. You should note that there hasn't been a Federal Skilled Worker draw in a year, so keep that in mind.
2. Just your master's degree. If you are going to be the Principal applicant, you probably don't need your spouses degree evaluated
3. The last EE draw Dec 2020 was 468 points, you can work out your points from the CIC site,
4. You really don't require a consultant to submit an ETA. Most people do it on their own.
Old Jan 4th 2022, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Denlar is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you think that means there's a backlog in quota they'll have to make up for potentially?

What is the biggest hurdle/ trip up of completing ourselves? I think we would be fine doing it as suggested but I like the idea of having things professionally checked over e.g. like the service the PO carries out for new passport applications.

Is there any recommendations of companies who would carry out this service?
Old Jan 4th 2022, 6:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Denlar
Do you think that means there's a backlog in quota they'll have to make up for potentially?

What is the biggest hurdle/ trip up of completing ourselves? I think we would be fine doing it as suggested but I like the idea of having things professionally checked over e.g. like the service the PO carries out for new passport applications.

Is there any recommendations of companies who would carry out this service?
1. Probably not, as the "quota" was filled mostly by Canadian Experience Class, (CEC) 401K in 2021 total Immigrants, 108K in skilled worker
2. Biggest hurdle seems to be applicants not READING the instructions and following them exactly. CIC will not guess, and you miss something, they will send the application back.
3. You may have difficulty finding someone registered to check your application, as they want the $$$ for submitting, although if you use a consultant, you are still the one that has to gather all the required documents.
Old Jan 6th 2022, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think I can help with your queries here, but it sounds like your situation is quite similar to ours- we are hopefully heading to Alberta as my husband in in oil. I think we have have been on the last EE draw for FSW in December 2020, our PR application went in in February '21 and nothing more has happened since. I can say from my experience, filling out the forms and gathering the paperwork is straightforward, if time consuming, we were happy doing it ourselves.