Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

recieved request medical & RPRF, but wife is pregnant

recieved request medical & RPRF, but wife is pregnant

Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

kbs003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default recieved request medical & RPRF, but wife is pregnant

hi i am in uk, while waiting for canadian immigration to process, my wife is pregnant. baby due in june. got request for paying RPRF and medical. i don't know where i stand now. shall i go as far i can, in terms of medical. or notify Can high comm. about my situation. i know informing high comm. could delay the whole process. any expert advice would be appreciated.

cheers
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:36 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: recieved request medical & RPRF, but wife is pregnant

Email CHC and inform them of the situation and wait until after delivery to do the medical.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kbs003
hi i am in uk, while waiting for canadian immigration to process, my wife is pregnant. baby due in june. got request for paying RPRF and medical. i don't know where i stand now. shall i go as far i can, in terms of medical. or notify Can high comm. about my situation. i know informing high comm. could delay the whole process. any expert advice would be appreciated.

cheers
If you are thinking of the x-ray part you can have a chest x-ray when pregnant. She just needs to be given a lead rubber apron to wear.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

berries is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers
Hi let me know how you get on we are in similar boat. We are waiting for our pn from nova scotia and heard it was looking good just before xmas but we will then need to apply to the feds but unsure how to handle it, due at the end of May
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Kokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really nice

cheers

We had the same situation:
We all had the Medical then I went ahead with the X-Ray. My wife then had an xray after our son was born.

This didnt delay the process - with a PR you have one year after the date of the medical to Land. This still applied as the High Commission took the date of the medicals. The only issue would have been if my wife had a problem with her xray.
Our Medicals and my xray was in May 07 our son was born in October 07, my wife had her xray november 07, we landed in Canada in April 07.

We used an immigration lawyer so did not inform the high commission or least not directly but the lawyer had no issue with this happening.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fledermaus
If you are thinking of the x-ray part you can have a chest x-ray when pregnant. She just needs to be given a lead rubber apron to wear.

I wish i had known that!

We got our med request in the March and our baby was due in the August. We wrote to the CHC explaining this and they said to just wait until the baby was born, add him to our application and then have our meds.
We happened to be going to the Sandown expo as well, so there was someone to conqur with there.

Good luck
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

You can have the chest x-ray when pregnant but if can be avoided it still should be just to be on the safe side but is a debatable topic. First doctor we spoke to said they can do it safely but unless absoutely required still best not to. The next doctor said no. That was enough for us.

We had actually got the medical request same week we found out my partner was pregnant. We emailed CHC and they advised us to wait until baby is born and send in extra fees and they will send a request for baby to have medical with us.

Baby due in under 4 weeks so see what happens. We though maybe strange they had not asked us to fill in some of the family forms again and just have fingers crossed the case is still open