Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

recieved letter requesting visa-few queries

recieved letter requesting visa-few queries

Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:37 am
Just Joined

zidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant future
Default recieved letter requesting visa-few queries

Hi we have now received the letter asking us to submit our passports.bit of shock as our medicals were only submitted mid Jan.

Are people happy to send and receive their passports by post or do you usually go in person. I'm just worried that they will get lost!

They also stated that they we should return it using the address slip provided then didn't actually provide an address slip. Is it the usual address? I will email them to ask but have experience of not getting a reply so thought i would ask you guys

cheers
Old Feb 10th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: recieved letter requesting visa-few queries

congrats on receiving your ppr.

They are many who send passport by courier(which can be tracked), and many who go in-person. if you are sending by post be sure that u send it via a reliable carrier where you can track it too.

eventually you have to take a decision by yourself

regs
Old Feb 10th 2008, 12:46 pm
TLB
Forum Regular

TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough

When we had our passport request we took them up, and you can then return in 2 weeks to collect your visas.

Passport can only be dropped off or picked up on Thursdays if I remember correctly.

We lived in Somerset so we drove to Brent Cross shopping centre to use the free parking and it's only a 5 min walk to the tube station. There are a couple of stops within easy walking distance of the CHC.

I would say that the of knowing when your getting your visas back is that you can make plans.

We collected ours on the Thursday and landed in Canada on the following Tuesday!

Good luck
TLB
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

zidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant futurezidak has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TLB
When we had our passport request we took them up, and you can then return in 2 weeks to collect your visas.

Passport can only be dropped off or picked up on Thursdays if I remember correctly.

We lived in Somerset so we drove to Brent Cross shopping centre to use the free parking and it's only a 5 min walk to the tube station. There are a couple of stops within easy walking distance of the CHC.

I would say that the of knowing when your getting your visas back is that you can make plans.

We collected ours on the Thursday and landed in Canada on the following Tuesday!

Good luck
TLB
wow thats amazing!! I think we may do that then.. we want to go over beginning of april so willl now book the tickets! iwas worried that even though they say they will be ready in ten days they might not be !!
thanks for your help
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:26 pm
TLB
Forum Regular

TLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the roughTLB is a jewel in the rough

We had no idea that it would arrive - everything happened so quickly!! Four months after the meds we had heard nothing and we wanted to get he kids into school for September so mid- August we emailed them. We received the email on the Wednesday, we downloaded the forms (without waiting for them to come in the post), drove up on Thursday morning, dropped the passports off, stayed for a few days and did a bit of sightseeing, booked the flights out that night in the hotel!!! came home and went back 2 weeks later and flew out as I said on the Tuesday after we collected our shiny visas!! And haven't looked back since.

Good luck,

TLB
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

richmag69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We sent ours by the post office on their secure signed for service which is trackable. (CHC return it by the post office with the same service).We were going to go up to London but didn't want the hassle in the end. If we had of gone we would have collected the passports on the 3rd of Jan and they arrived in the post on the 8th of Jan so not a lot of difference. You need to send your passports to 'PHEP Processing' at the usual address. PHEP stands for Photos, Height, Eye colour and Passports and they don't seem to send out the address slip that they mention to anyone!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by richmag69
Hi,
We sent ours by the post office on their secure signed for service which is trackable. (CHC return it by the post office with the same service).We were going to go up to London but didn't want the hassle in the end. If we had of gone we would have collected the passports on the 3rd of Jan and they arrived in the post on the 8th of Jan so not a lot of difference. You need to send your passports to 'PHEP Processing' at the usual address. PHEP stands for Photos, Height, Eye colour and Passports and they don't seem to send out the address slip that they mention to anyone!
Thanks for the info. Scary to think after all this time it really is happening. Started to worry about jobs now... didn't think about it before , we were so focused on the application! Applied in Mar 05.. Seems a long time ago!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

chazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura about

::
Originally Posted by zidak
Thanks for the info. Scary to think after all this time it really is happening. Started to worry about jobs now... didn't think about it before , we were so focused on the application! Applied in Mar 05.. Seems a long time ago!

We've just recieved our letter asking for passports. Meds done 4 Jan 08 letter arrived 8th feb I've desided to go up in person as they mention that you could be without a passport for 60 Days we're going out to Vancouver on the 9th April so not taking the chance. We had a PHEP address label in with letter. Thursday's is still the only day drop off / pick up visa's 2 to 3pm Where are you heading ? good luck Chaz
Old Feb 12th 2008, 3:05 pm
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: recieved letter requesting visa-few queries

Hi

We have decided to take our passports up rather than post as we are only 50mins by train. Had meds in Jan and our med req stated we should send our passports 30days after the med which would have been Sunday.

Andrea
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chazcanning
::

We've just recieved our letter asking for passports. Meds done 4 Jan 08 letter arrived 8th feb I've desided to go up in person as they mention that you could be without a passport for 60 Days we're going out to Vancouver on the 9th April so not taking the chance. We had a PHEP address label in with letter. Thursday's is still the only day drop off / pick up visa's 2 to 3pm Where are you heading ? good luck Chaz
Went up yesterday! was a bit worried because there was quite a queue but I was out by 2.30. Really quick process as they don't check what you give them which is a bit disconcerting. I go back in two weeks and then off to Toronto!

Good luck
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:25 pm
Visa Feb 2008,

Went up yesterday! was a bit worried because there was quite a queue but I was out by 2.30. Really quick process as they don't check what you give them which is a bit disconcerting. I go back in two weeks and then off to Toronto!

Good luck
Hi there

We went up yesterday also, back in 2 weeks to collect Visas

Good luck with your move

Andrea
Old Feb 15th 2008, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

chazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura aboutchazcanning has a spectacular aura about

Hi all I was in the queue yesterday also ( boy that was a cold wind ) thank god we're of to Vancouver where the winter isn't as cold. I was also surprised how quick we moved along Maybe on the return trip (28th ) we could all introduce ourselves and have a celebration drink Just a thought !!regards chaz
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:26 pm
TLB
Forum Regular

Good luck
Congratulations,

Doesn't it feel good? Looks like you are really on your way now!

The next two weeks will go by very quickly as you'll find that there is so much to do, people to say goodbye to, not to mention the excitement.....

I wish you all the very best!!

TLB
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TLB
Congratulations,

Doesn't it feel good? Looks like you are really on your way now!

The next two weeks will go by very quickly as you'll find that there is so much to do, people to say goodbye to, not to mention the excitement.....

I wish you all the very best!!

TLB
thanks for your good wishes!!
I did talk to one couple in the queue and felt like I wanted to talk to everyone about how they were all doing!. I probably wont be able go up in 2 weeks as I have a deadline that day at work so may have to go up the following week ..
I do think it is a great idea if pepole do say hi to each other in the queue as we have all probably been on the same path to get to this point.

Good luck to you all on the next part of your journey .. getting over to Canada and making a life for yourselves!
cheers
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:22 pm
Visa Feb 2008,

Smile Re: recieved letter requesting visa-few queries

Originally Posted by chazcanning

Hi all I was in the queue yesterday also ( boy that was a cold wind ) thank god we're of to Vancouver where the winter isn't as cold. I was also surprised how quick we moved along Maybe on the return trip (28th ) we could all introduce ourselves and have a celebration drink Just a thought !!regards chaz
Hiya

Yep, that wind was really cold! Lets hope it is dry next week, don't fancy standing in the rain for too long, got there for around 1.30 last week.

Andrea