Recent draw

Old Feb 16th 2021, 11:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recent draw

Originally Posted by Lichisadave
Thank you christmasoompa its all come so quick we where planning on re taking our IELTS to get more points. Luckily
Ive taken advice from you lovely people and everything is good to go once we have had our medical.
Now you don't need to! Brilliant result for you.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you from now on.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 11:49 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Now you don't need to! Brilliant result for you.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you from now on.
I wonder if we'll see the same thing as what happened a few years ago. Back when I did mine in mid-2017, I received a PNP EOI from Ontario within hours of creating my EE profile and then a federal ITA a week or so later. No doubt the low numbers of immigrants in 2020 has really hurt the provinces and some of them will be struggling to get enough skilled workers at the moment so we could start to see more open or attractive PNP programs in the near future I suppose.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

canadawansme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Newbie here

I received my ITA from the CEC draw this weekend - Yay!

But of course now I have questions and I hope you will be able to help. The application for PR asks for documents to be uploaded that I didn't think were needed for the PR for CEC such as education and proof of funds. I had my secondary school certificate verified with WES and that is already in my profile, I am not claiming any points in my CRS score (375 - thank goodness the lowest score is only 75!) as I did A levels but not college or university. I didn't think proof of funds were required for CEC, I still have to get my medical done and hope that the doctors offices are still open for this.

I am a NOC code B and have a job already that will provide a reference (and job offer if needed) as well as a reference from my UK experience and understand that I put the rest of my employment history in personal information rather than work history - I read this on this forum.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 1:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canadawansme
The application for PR asks for documents to be uploaded that I didn't think were needed for the PR for CEC such as education and proof of funds. I had my secondary school certificate verified with WES and that is already in my profile, I am not claiming any points in my CRS score (375 - thank goodness the lowest score is only 75!) as I did A levels but not college or university. I didn't think proof of funds were required for CEC, I still have to get my medical done and hope that the doctors offices are still open for this.

I am a NOC code B and have a job already that will provide a reference (and job offer if needed) as well as a reference from my UK experience and understand that I put the rest of my employment history in personal information rather than work history - I read this on this forum.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
Hi, and welcome to BE.

An ECA isn't mandatory for CEC apps, you just won't get any points without one. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#education. So you don't have to submit educational documents if you don't want to, but you've already got your ECA so you're sorted on this anyway.

I didn't think proof of funds were required for CEC
It isn't. See the last paragraph here - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...um=1145&top=29

HTH.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so if I don't upload anything it will still allow me to proceed to the next stage of the application? I was worried that it wouldn't let me proceed or would give me 'errors' as it might think that something is missing.

Old Feb 16th 2021, 1:45 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so if I don't upload anything it will still allow me to proceed to the next stage of the application? I was worried that it wouldn't let me proceed or would give me 'errors' as it might think that something is missing.
If you do run into a case where it forces you to upload a document but you're 100% sure that document doesn't apply to you then just upload a page from MS Word or something saying that you're exempt because of your immigration category or words to that effect. There are some bugs in the software unfortunately and the branching logic can be a bit broken. .
Old Feb 16th 2021, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
If you do run into a case where it forces you to upload a document but you're 100% sure that document doesn't apply to you then just upload a page from MS Word or something saying that you're exempt because of your immigration category or words to that effect. There are some bugs in the software unfortunately and the branching logic can be a bit broken. .
That's good to know - thanks. Am I right in assuming that the application for PR is a generic one for all types of EE/PR applicants?
Old Feb 16th 2021, 1:50 pm
Sidecar Falcon

That's good to know - thanks. Am I right in assuming that the application for PR is a generic one for all types of EE/PR applicants?
I've never gone through CEC so I don't know but someone far more knowledgeable than me will know the answer to that one I'm sure. You can always just proceed with the application though and then just check on here before you press the final submit button. Once you've received an ITA then you can kind of take your time as long as you don't exceed the allotted submission deadline.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Yes got the ITA on Sunday - along with the other 27,000 + people just wanting to get in the line as soon as possible to get processed.

Plus once I get my application in I can apply for a bridging work permit as my IEC visa will expire at the end of March
Old Feb 16th 2021, 2:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

As per the link above, you still need to upload something for the proof of funds - but you upload a letter saying that you're exempt from that requirement as it's a CEC app. "The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class"

Plus once I get my application in I can apply for a bridging work permit as my IEC visa will expire at the end of March
You can't apply for a BOWP straight after applying, you can only apply when you've got to first stage approval ('completeness check'). I hope you get that by the end of March, but best to have a Plan B just in case.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

by plan B - would there be other options that I can use? I have enough funds to live off so I can afford not to work and I think my employer will allow me to take unpaid leave but it worries me how long this might take.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 2:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

by plan B - would there be other options that I can use? I have enough funds to live off so I can afford not to work and I think my employer will allow me to take unpaid leave but it worries me how long this might take.
By 'Plan B' I just meant preparing to stop working (and switching to visitor status), or returning to the UK to work if you needed to really. There isn't another visa option that you'd get sorted in 6 weeks, your employer could apply for a LMIA so you can switch to a 'normal' TWP though, that would potentially be quicker than waiting until you get PR at least.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

So my employer is in the progress of an LMIA process and I believe they are just waiting for the interview - if we go that route we can still proceed with the PR at the same time?

Don't want to go back to the UK as they might not let us back due to all the COVID restrictions - figure that's why we got the CEC draw this time, cause I am in Canada now.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 2:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So my employer is in the progress of an LMIA process and I believe they are just waiting for the interview - if we go that route we can still proceed with the PR at the same time?
Yep, fine to do both.

Don't want to go back to the UK as they might not let us back due to all the COVID restrictions - figure that's why we got the CEC draw this time, cause I am in Canada now.
People with PR or valid work permits have always been allowed in to Canada, I can't see them changing that. And the CEC draw was for all applicants, whether in Canada or abroad, so don't worry about that.
Old Feb 16th 2021, 3:17 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that’s a crazy low score.

I did mine in 2015/2016 and it was via FSW but I was eligible for CEC as well - often wonder why they decided on that route for me...

anyway best of luck to everyone who got an ITA. It’s definitely worth all the hard work in the end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.