Receiving notification/ECAS??

Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice
Default Receiving notification/ECAS??

Hi All
We've sent our application two weeks ago. Unfortunately, my lovely partner DID NOT get tracking...my instructions weren't clear enough...!
Not that it matters with the state of Canada Post -
But I was wondering how will we know when it reaches Mississauga?? Will I get an email? (i'm the sponsor)
And what is ECAS? I know it's dumb, but i have no idea what everyone is on about!
Does anyone have any advice on timeline for getting the package to Canada?
Thanks!!!!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Receiving notification/ECAS??

Originally Posted by chorlton79
Hi All
We've sent our application two weeks ago. Unfortunately, my lovely partner DID NOT get tracking...my instructions weren't clear enough...!
Not that it matters with the state of Canada Post -
But I was wondering how will we know when it reaches Mississauga?? Will I get an email? (i'm the sponsor)
And what is ECAS? I know it's dumb, but i have no idea what everyone is on about!
Does anyone have any advice on timeline for getting the package to Canada?
Thanks!!!!
Ecas is this..............https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en

Not that it's much use to you until you've got your client number of course!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

chorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nicechorlton79 is just really nice

Thanks that's really helpful! Just wondering how we will know they received the package! Thanks!!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chorlton79
Thanks that's really helpful! Just wondering how we will know they received the package! Thanks!!
You won't know until they process it. If you have a receipt number, you can sign into ECAS and use your (sponsor) details and receipt number. It will only be updated after approx 38 days from receipt though. ECAS (may) then state decision made nad letter sent - and they will send a letter to sponsor to conform acceptance and they send the file off to London. Sending your application by "signed for" route is the only way to know that it has been received.