Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Received request for payment of RPRF after application denied!

Wikiposts

Received request for payment of RPRF after application denied!

Old Jan 18th 2016, 5:02 am
Just Joined

adamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Received request for payment of RPRF after application denied!

Hi there,
I had an application in under the Canadian Experience Class which, I thought, was denied back in the summer, as my hours were reduced by the company I was working for and I was told by CIC that I was some 200 hours short of qualification. I received an email to that effect back in June.

However, today I received an email from [email protected] asking me to pay my RPRF fee. At first I thought it was a scam, but it has my correct home address, UCI and application numbers. I followed the links in the email to the payment page and then did a separate google search for the same payment page and it does in fact take me to the same webpage, so now I'm thinking it's not a scam. So, then I went and checked the status of my application online and it says "decision made" and when clicked on it just says
"A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision". Well, the office did contact me back in June and denied the application.

So, I'm wondering if I have in fact been processed and/or slipped through the net or some sort of admin error. If I write to them and say I thought I'd been denied, I may tip them off to their error and spoil my chances, if it is in fact a mistake.
Should I just pay the $490 fee and see what happens?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received request for payment of RPRF after application denied!

If you didn't pay the $490 fee what would you be doing thinking your application has been denied?
How you proceed is your choice but you have 3 choices

1. Pay it and hope you get confirmation of receipt from CIC and eventually get PR status.
2. Find out its a scam and are $490 out of pocket though address email looks genuine.
3. Don't pay and find you are stuck in limbo or going back home.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Well, I paid the initial $550 on application and it appears correct that I should be asked for $490 further down the line if my application proves succesful.
If I pay by credit card and it is somehow a scam I'm covered. Also, the email says

"The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa."

So, I think I'd be a fool not to pay it and see what happens.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

enak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond reputeenak has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of people have had these today. It is a computer error at CIC.
Sorry!

Look at the bottom of the email and it will say "GCMS Code" instead of the officer's initials.

Last edited by enak; Jan 18th 2016 at 5:35 am. Reason: add a bit more
Old Jan 18th 2016, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Yes it does say Gcms code. Damn had my hopes up then!
Old Jan 18th 2016, 6:26 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! that's a real poo! Nothing worse than hopes up then.....Really sorry for everyone who has been affected.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 6:51 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamp
Yes it does say Gcms code. Damn had my hopes up then!
Wow! that really sucks.

Seriously what are they doing over there? It is one thing to be rejected but quite another for someone to make an error like this...
Old Jan 18th 2016, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Just received this from CIC

"Please disregard the previous request for payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee sent on January 18, 2016. That email was sent to you by error.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada"
Old Jan 18th 2016, 8:35 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adamp
Just received this from CIC

"Please disregard the previous request for payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee sent on January 18, 2016. That email was sent to you by error.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused.

Regards,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada"
"Inconvenience" ??

How about you just crushed me for a 2nd time?

Old Jan 18th 2016, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
"Inconvenience" ??

How about you just crushed me for a 2nd time?

Precisely!