Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Received replacement PR card after 14 month wait

Received replacement PR card after 14 month wait

Old May 4th 2016, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Received replacement PR card after 14 month wait

Sent in application Feb 2015 (card expired 8 june 2015) ,started being processed 31 March 2015, 23 Feb 2016 received a letter for more info.I called yesterday(I had called before) and was surprised to be told my new card had been issued and had been sent to immigration office in Winnipeg! Today I received an email from CIC ( my 1st) saying the same thing.No explanation why it has took so long ,the system is just too slow to say the least.
Old May 4th 2016, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received replacement PR card after 14 month wait

You have my sympathy. It's crazy.

I'm psyching myself up to do mine in a few months.

S
Old May 4th 2016, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
You have my sympathy. It's crazy.

I'm psyching myself up to do mine in a few months.

S
My advice is do the application now ,dont wait for 6 months before expirary date.
Old May 4th 2016, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just on the 9 months max before you can apply and I am debating it with myself.

S
Old May 4th 2016, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you dont have any travel plans in the next year or so I wouldnt worry about it but with my experience I would apply as soon as possible .Maybe they have got over any problems or backlog with the refugees but they dont tell you anything,just kept in the dark.
Old May 4th 2016, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

So what's happening now?

It doesn't look as if you're in Winnipeg where your card is.

S
Old May 4th 2016, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

So what's happening now?

It doesn't look as if you're in Winnipeg where your card is.

S
I know,I will see if they can send it out to me in Calgary
Old May 4th 2016, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm not sure what the alternative is: they can't be expecting you to fly to Winnipeg to pick it up. Or could they?!

Fingers crossed for a swift resolution.

S
Old May 4th 2016, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm not sure what the alternative is: they can't be expecting you to fly to Winnipeg to pick it up. Or could they?!

Fingers crossed for a swift resolution.

S
Thanks .I dont know if someone can pick up for me or I can get my company to despatch to Winnipeg with a load,im a truck driver .Im actually in Toronto and will passing through Winnipeg this weekend but that wont work lol
Old May 4th 2016, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Thanks .I dont know if someone can pick up for me or I can get my company to despatch to Winnipeg with a load,im a truck driver .Im actually in Toronto and will passing through Winnipeg this weekend but that wont work lol
This is what the CIC website says
If you are asked to pick up your PR card

You must bring with you the previous card and the original documents of the copies which you have included with your application.

I suggest phoning the help line 1 888 242 2100 and tell them your situation and if they would accept a power of attorney to pick it up or what they expect you to do and how long they will hold it for?
Old May 4th 2016, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

You must bring with you the previous card and the original documents of the copies which you have included with your application.

I suggest phoning the help line 1 888 242 2100 and tell them your situation and if they would accept a power of attorney to pick it up or what they expect you to do and how long they will hold it for?
Ok thanks for the advice
Old May 4th 2016, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Neil please keep us updated as how this gets resolved.
Good luck!

S
Old May 4th 2016, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Neil please keep us updated as how this gets resolved.
Good luck!

S
Ok will do.
Old May 5th 2016, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

In addition to what FL said: if you been notified you need to pick up your card in person, you can't nominate/give POA to someone else to do it for you.
Old May 6th 2016, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Shirtback
In addition to what FL said: if you been notified you need to pick up your card in person, you can't nominate/give POA to someone else to do it for you.
Ok thanks for the advice.I phoned the call centre and they said the same,apparently i have 6 months to pick it up.I thought they would mail it to my address in Winnipeg like the original card but they want to passports etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.