Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Received PR, got to land in 17 days!!!

Received PR, got to land in 17 days!!!

Old Jul 6th 2012, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received PR, got to land in 17 days!!!

Originally Posted by fizzyo2
WELL!!! we had a PHONE CALL at 9 o'clock this morning from London to say an error had been made!!!
A non accompanying daughter's passport had caused the early COPR and if we send the forms back it will be amended to our expected February landing. PHEW!!!
Thanks to everyone who offered advice!
I've been following your thread from a distance, and I was glad to hear you had gotten it sorted.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 11:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BNT
I understand all that you have said and which is correct. However, the reality is you cannot travel with a passport that is less than six months valid from the expiration date.

I would advise you to comply with the due date given by the visa.

- BNT
That is untrue. Do you have a link to an official source or is it just what you say?

I travelled to Canada in May this year, using my Australian passport to transit in Dubai but entering Canada on my expired Canadian passport. Certainly not more than 6 months worth of validity there!
Old Jul 6th 2012, 11:16 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

so when we put in our applications for pr we need to make sure we all have 12m on passports? dds expires in may and we are applying in a week or so.
Old Jul 6th 2012, 12:19 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
so when we put in our applications for pr we need to make sure we all have 12m on passports? dds expires in may and we are applying in a week or so.
No as you have to complete an updated info form before they will issue COPR at the end of the process - so just make sure you all have plenty of time left on them at that point!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fizzyo2
WELL!!! we had a PHONE CALL at 9 o'clock this morning from London to say an error had been made!!!
A non accompanying daughter's passport had caused the early COPR and if we send the forms back it will be amended to our expected February landing. PHEW!!!
Thanks to everyone who offered advice!
Thank Goodness.....enjoy your trip and at least we don't have to interact with CIC anymore!!!!