Wikiposts

Received PPR- Need some advice

Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Received PPR- Need some advice

Yesterday, I wrote to CIC asking them about my status and their reply is as below:

"Dear Sir,

The attached request for passports was made.

Sincerely,

Canadian High Commission - SJR
"

The attachment does contain a PDF Passport Request with no mention of my name or file number. It is just a standard blank PPR form. I am checking with my Consultant in UK whether they have received anything by snail mail.

Question is:

(a) Can I take a printout of the PPR and send it across to them along with my family's passports?
(b) The PPR instructions mentions about an authorised person being able to collect the stamped passports but does not mention whether an authorised person can go and submit the passports. I am in India and my CIC is in London. So this has to be sent to London. Can I give the passports along with the filled in form to my brother or any friend in the UK and let them get the passports stamped on my behalf?
(c) I read in some forums that CIC does stamp the passports and return them the same day as long as the IO is present. Can you please tell me how I can ensure this?

Thank you so much.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 7:07 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received PPR- Need some advice

Hi

Originally Posted by bangalg
Yesterday, I wrote to CIC asking them about my status and their reply is as below:

"Dear Sir,

The attached request for passports was made.

Sincerely,

Canadian High Commission - SJR
"

The attachment does contain a PDF Passport Request with no mention of my name or file number. It is just a standard blank PPR form. I am checking with my Consultant in UK whether they have received anything by snail mail.

Question is:

(a) Can I take a printout of the PPR and send it across to them along with my family's passports?
(b) The PPR instructions mentions about an authorised person being able to collect the stamped passports but does not mention whether an authorised person can go and submit the passports. I am in India and my CIC is in London. So this has to be sent to London. Can I give the passports along with the filled in form to my brother or any friend in the UK and let them get the passports stamped on my behalf?
(c) I read in some forums that CIC does stamp the passports and return them the same day as long as the IO is present. Can you please tell me how I can ensure this?

Thank you so much.
1. If you have a consultant then the PPR was sent to him/her.
2. You can authorize anyone to drop off pick up the passports.
3. The drop off is on a Thursday and the passports are picked up 2 weeks later.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

bangalg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Received PPR- Need some advice

Thanks, PMM.
I am checking with my Consultant whether they have recd. the PPR. But Consultant is in UK and I am in India. To save time, can I simply printoff the blank PPR and send the passports by filling up the required details. Or would I need THE PPR they actually sent across?