Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Received our passports and visas! Whoop whoop!

Received our passports and visas! Whoop whoop!

Old Jul 30th 2010, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Andy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the rough
Default Received our passports and visas! Whoop whoop!

Hi All

Just wanted to say that I have just received our passports back with the visas and Form B's

I can't believe they came so quickly. We posted them on Friday 16 July!!!

The dream is now beginning to take shape and I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have provided info for us over the last couple of weeks. Especially Carolyn (TheThornes) who has had to put up with at least one email a day from me!

Apart from our passports, Form B's and a list of things we are bringing into the country (clothes and two dogs) is there anything else we should have to hand? DO I need to provide a list of things we have left in storage but will be shipped out at a later date?

Many, many thanks.

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Andy
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received our passports and visas! Whoop whoop!

Congratulations, that's brilliant news
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

ready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant futureready2go has a brilliant future

Your "goods to follow list" should include everything you wish to ship out after you have landed. Better to add everything at this stage that might be taken, even if you end up leaving somethings behind at the time of shipping.

Anyway congrats and good luck with the move.............now the adventure begins
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Great news, Andy and Lauren. Enjoy your moment...you have waited for it long enough!

I tried to locate a thread with your timeline on it, but failed to do so.

Would you mind to post it here?

Desperately trying to figure out when ours can be expected to go into process...

Cherry Jam
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Congratulations and best wishes in Canada.

Ray
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the roughAndy_and_Lauren is a jewel in the rough

Thanks to everyone for posting best wishes

Originally Posted by Cherry Jam
Great news, Andy and Lauren. Enjoy your moment...you have waited for it long enough!

I tried to locate a thread with your timeline on it, but failed to do so.

Would you mind to post it here?

Desperately trying to figure out when ours can be expected to go into process...

Cherry Jam
Cherry Jam

We sent off our application as a Skilled Worker in April 2009. We were asked to provide proof of my job history, our education etc on 4 August 2009.

We then heard nothing until the 15 Feb 2010 where we were asked to go for our medicals and pay our Right of Permanent Residence Fee which we did on 30 March 2010.

We then received confirmation of acceptance and a request for our passports on 15 July 2010.

Our passports came back with the visas today along with the additional Form B's.

Hope that helps.

Andy

P.S. Whoop whoop!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Super! Thanks Andy! Please keep us posted on all your developments. It certainly helps us all to persevere through the long wait.

When are you planning to land?
Cherry Jam
Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cherry Jam
Super! Thanks Andy! Please keep us posted on all your developments. It certainly helps us all to persevere through the long wait.

When are you planning to land?
Cherry Jam
Will do

We are just waiting on the sale of our house and to find out if our accommodation in Cochrane will be available sooner than we booked it for. All being well we should be out about mid Sept as we have to wait for the animal embargo on flights which ends on 10 Sept.

Andy
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

nextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nicenextphase is just really nice

Hi ,, Many congratulations to you both

such a wonderful feeling to get those shiney visas !!

We are on the 2007 app so our journey has been a long one ,,

But we are neally on our way

We actually fly out to Toronto on 15thsept . So OMG the reality has sure hit .

House not sold as yet which is very frustrating , but we intend to move my daughter and her partner in till it sells ,,

Wishing you both a very happy future xxx Julie
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

sarahjay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andy,

Sounds like your almost there now, so i was wondering if you could pass on some knowledge to myself and family. we're thinking of moving to Nova Scotia within the next couple of years and are unsure which route to take either skilled worker or provincal nominee any words of wisdom cheers and goodluck

Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:21 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

great news
Old Aug 4th 2010, 4:35 am

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Fab news!!! No worries re the emails - always happy to help if I can.

CT

PS - hope you managed to get some lunch today!! LOL
Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nextphase
Hi ,, Many congratulations to you both

such a wonderful feeling to get those shiney visas !!

We are on the 2007 app so our journey has been a long one ,,

But we are neally on our way

We actually fly out to Toronto on 15thsept . So OMG the reality has sure hit .

House not sold as yet which is very frustrating , but we intend to move my daughter and her partner in till it sells ,,

Wishing you both a very happy future xxx Julie
All the best for your journey! Good luck!

Originally Posted by sarahjay
Hi Andy,

Sounds like your almost there now, so i was wondering if you could pass on some knowledge to myself and family. we're thinking of moving to Nova Scotia within the next couple of years and are unsure which route to take either skilled worker or provincal nominee any words of wisdom cheers and goodluck

Hey Sarah, I'm not the most qualified to offer advice. I was lucky enough to have experience in one of Canada's list of required occupations and so we went along the Skilled Worker route. I know nothing about the Prov Nom scheme - sorry. Have you started a thread asking for advice?

Originally Posted by Bali2010
great news
Many thanks!

Originally Posted by TheThornes
Fab news!!! No worries re the emails - always happy to help if I can.

CT

PS - hope you managed to get some lunch today!! LOL
Yup, I had Scampi and Chips while the kids were caving - lovely!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:43 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andy_and_Lauren
Hi All

Just wanted to say that I have just received our passports back with the visas and Form B's

I can't believe they came so quickly. We posted them on Friday 16 July!!!

The dream is now beginning to take shape and I wanted to say thank you to all of you who have provided info for us over the last couple of weeks. Especially Carolyn (TheThornes) who has had to put up with at least one email a day from me!

Apart from our passports, Form B's and a list of things we are bringing into the country (clothes and two dogs) is there anything else we should have to hand? DO I need to provide a list of things we have left in storage but will be shipped out at a later date?

Many, many thanks.

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Andy

Congratualtions Guys.

We are not too far behind you - we are collecting our passports - hopefully with visas in - from the High Commission on the 12th August. We had to take them in person as needed guaranteed return for a trip abroad at the end of August. If it was consistly as quick by post we would have sent them too!

We are looking at Cochrane on our next visit, we have a friend in Cochrane who is currently in the UK visiting friends and family; they rate it highly, the very fact that she has been there for the last 14 years speaks volumes.

Well all the best for new life in Canada and hopefully we'll not be too far behind you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.