Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Received IA and Medicals but no RCMP

Received IA and Medicals but no RCMP

Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

charmer6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Received IA and Medicals but no RCMP

Hi,

I received the IA and medicals from Buffalo, but they havent asked me to get an RCMP fingerprint check. I am presently in canada. Is this standard ? Another colleague of mine - with pretty much the same qualifications - also did not get an RCMP request with the IA.

If it helps - ive got many canadian visas (renewed every time) and also have had a HRDC verified work permit previously. Im now on a study permit.

Do they ever waive a RCMP fingerprint check for anyone ?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 2:10 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received IA and Medicals but no RCMP

What category have you applied under? Were you asked to take the medical examination immediately? And, how long have you been in Canada?

Originally Posted by charmer6
Hi,

I received the IA and medicals from Buffalo, but they havent asked me to get an RCMP fingerprint check. I am presently in canada. Is this standard ? Another colleague of mine - with pretty much the same qualifications - also did not get an RCMP request with the IA.

If it helps - ive got many canadian visas (renewed every time) and also have had a HRDC verified work permit previously. Im now on a study permit.

Do they ever waive a RCMP fingerprint check for anyone ?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

skilled worker
been in canada 3+ years as a student. A few months on a work permit.

was asked to take medical within the next 60 days. (ive scheduled the medical this week)

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
What category have you applied under? Were you asked to take the medical examination immediately? And, how long have you been in Canada?
Old Aug 19th 2004, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

?

[email protected] is my msn id.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 3:29 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is you who have overlooked this matter understandably. The visa office will very likely ask for an RCMP certificate in your situation. THey ar probably expecting that you have already arranged for one and that the RCMP swill send it to them in due course. If I were you I would get one done because the service dela for RCMP certificate can be very long.

Originally Posted by charmer6
?

[email protected] is my msn id.