Wikiposts

Recce and 120 letter

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of
Default Recce and 120 letter

Hi all,

We received our AOR in August 09 (applying under self-employed route) with a predicted processing of 12-18 month. We have not heard anything since but are about to leave on a long recce in Toronto from April-end of June. Thus I think we might be the only people on here who don't want to get processed too quickly! Obviously if the letter arrives while we are away, its not ideal so I am trying to get our file as together as possible.

My question is - if we are in Canada while the letter arrives, how much do you think is possible to compile using the internet (so we don't have to come back early). I already have birth certificate copies, transcripts, education certs and contracts. The main things missing are references, police checks (which we can't do anyway) and proof on funds stuff.

Would we be able to get references done in advance or is it better to have them up to date? Is there anything major which might mean we need to come back early? Which we obviously will if it comes to it.

To be honest, I would be surprised if we received the 120 letter within a year but you never know and its good to be prepared!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Recce and 120 letter

Originally Posted by Wolfie and Will
Hi all,

We received our AOR in August 09 (applying under self-employed route) with a predicted processing of 12-18 month. We have not heard anything since but are about to leave on a long recce in Toronto from April-end of June. Thus I think we might be the only people on here who don't want to get processed too quickly! Obviously if the letter arrives while we are away, its not ideal so I am trying to get our file as together as possible.

My question is - if we are in Canada while the letter arrives, how much do you think is possible to compile using the internet (so we don't have to come back early). I already have birth certificate copies, transcripts, education certs and contracts. The main things missing are references, police checks (which we can't do anyway) and proof on funds stuff.

Would we be able to get references done in advance or is it better to have them up to date? Is there anything major which might mean we need to come back early? Which we obviously will if it comes to it.

To be honest, I would be surprised if we received the 120 letter within a year but you never know and its good to be prepared!
I would have thought you could do it all over the internet. References could be requested remotely and you do not need fingerprints for the UK police checks. We have recently been through the FSW system and I cannot think of anything which could not have been handled remotely, one way or another.

Have a great trip!

Cheers

Martin
Old Feb 24th 2010, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

I agreed with Martin and would think if you needed to you could do most of whats needed remotely
All the best with your application
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Wolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud ofWolfie and Will has much to be proud of

Thanks guys- good to hear! We booked our flights a year ago and was expecting such a long processing time that we didn't think much of it when we submitted the application. Hopefully we won't have to deal with it all until we are back but at least you guys think its possible to do most of it remotely! I'll keep everyone up to date about the recee- this is going to be the longest month waiting to go!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Thanks guys- good to hear! We booked our flights a year ago and was expecting such a long processing time that we didn't think much of it when we submitted the application. Hopefully we won't have to deal with it all until we are back but at least you guys think its possible to do most of it remotely! I'll keep everyone up to date about the recee- this is going to be the longest month waiting to go!
Good luck on the trip!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks!

One last question- do we need to/is it wise to let the CIC know we will be out of the country for 3 months or shall we just cross our fingers that nothing arrives while we are away!
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks!

One last question- do we need to/is it wise to let the CIC know we will be out of the country for 3 months or shall we just cross our fingers that nothing arrives while we are away!
If I were you I would send a case specific email to let them know. That way, if you miss something you could always prove that you tried to let them know which might help if you need an extension.

Cheers

Martin