Reasons for passport renewal

Old May 4th 2009, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

2Huskies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reasons for passport renewal

I'm going inland & my passport expires in about a month, is there a certain period of time the passport needs to be valid for to issue PR?.I've been asked to renew it & fax up a copy of the new passport when received, I've been waiting now close to thirteen months for a decision made & last month i was also asked to repeat meds due to expiry which have been done.
Would i be right in thinking that perhaps my application wouldn't be finished by the time of passport renewal or would a certain length of time be required to left on the passport?
Old May 4th 2009, 8:44 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons for passport renewal

If I understood you correctly I would say that you should get your passport renewed as requested as there is little possibility that the visa will be ready before the expiry of your present passport.
Old May 5th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

2Huskies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reasons for passport renewal

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If I understood you correctly I would say that you should get your passport renewed as requested as there is little possibility that the visa will be ready before the expiry of your present passport.
Thank you for your reply, i expect my passport back within ten days from what i've read.
When you "land" do you know or does anyone know what goes into the passport, is it a visa or just a "landing stamp" like you'd get at POE?