Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Reapply for PR or citizenship: crossover dates are close.

Reapply for PR or citizenship: crossover dates are close.

Old Jul 25th 2016, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reapply for PR or citizenship: crossover dates are close.

Interestingly, I hadn't meant it as an "instead of your passport" but as an addition to your passport and that it provided similar functions (getting you on the plane).

S
Old Aug 24th 2016, 3:03 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reapply for PR or citizenship: crossover dates are close.

For anyone interested in my trip to the US with expired PR's.

I had printed out ready the receipt from the PR renewal and also the email acknowledgment saying the forms had been received.

We got to the usual line of cars at the border at Sarnia and waited. When I got to the kiosk I handed over the passports and kept the paperwork and PR cards.

Officer asked what status we were. I said PR and he said so why have I given him passports. He gave the passports back and took the PR cards off me.

During his quick review of the PR cards he asked what the paperwork was. I told him it was evidence etc that the renewal was in process as the cards had expired and he said no need as knew there was a backlog of renewals etc.

We got the usual questions of what we'd bought, any alcohol etc

So - there was no need to panic and took a total of about 3 minutes from handing him the passports to being allowed back in and on our way.