Really stumped

Old Dec 19th 2018, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

londonneedshelp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Really stumped

I really hope you can help.

I am married to a Canadian and have had PR for 15 years - we live here in the UK as they are the only carer of his 93 year old mother - who lives with her. We have lived in Toronto - yet had to come back when she was diagnosed with cancer.

My PR card is due to expire in January 2019 - so earlier this year at great expense - I went out to live in Toronto as (rightly or wrongly) was told I could only apply to renew it in Canada. I stayed for 4 months to make sure I was there for any interviews etc. I had met requirement as I was living with my Canadian Husband.

When the processing time was approaching expiration time, I wrong CIC and was told that it had went to printing, then a few days later (due to post strike) that it was on its way to me.

I had to eventually come back to England - still do not have PR card and can not find either an email address to write to and sadly - can not seem to phone them outside of Canada.

Does anyone have a number for them or email, I have 1-888-242-2100.

Feeling very stressed by it all.

As always - thanks in advance.
x

Last edited by londonneedshelp; Dec 19th 2018 at 11:46 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2018, 9:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really stumped

Permanent Resident Cards

• Mail address
    P.O. Box 10020
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 7C1
  • For correspondence
    P.O. Box 9000
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 6K7
  • Courier address
    49 Dorchester Street
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 5Z2
You cannot call the 1 888 number from outside of Canada

You can try this link

IRCC Web form
Old Dec 20th 2018, 9:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonneedshelp
I really hope you can help.

I am married to a Canadian and have had PR for 15 years - we live here in the UK as they are the only carer of his 93 year old mother - who lives with her. We have lived in Toronto - yet had to come back when she was diagnosed with cancer.

My PR card is due to expire in January 2019 - so earlier this year at great expense - I went out to live in Toronto as (rightly or wrongly) was told I could only apply to renew it in Canada. I stayed for 4 months to make sure I was there for any interviews etc. I had met requirement as I was living with my Canadian Husband.

When the processing time was approaching expiration time, I wrong CIC and was told that it had went to printing, then a few days later (due to post strike) that it was on its way to me.

I had to eventually come back to England - still do not have PR card and can not find either an email address to write to and sadly - can not seem to phone them outside of Canada.

Does anyone have a number for them or email, I have 1-888-242-2100.

Feeling very stressed by it all.

As always - thanks in advance.
x

You can apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document if you wish to return to Canada before receiving your replacement card. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-document.html
Old Dec 20th 2018, 9:03 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian

Permanent Resident Cards

• Mail address
    P.O. Box 10020
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 7C1
  • For correspondence
    P.O. Box 9000
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 6K7
  • Courier address
    49 Dorchester Street
    Sydney, NS
    B1P 5Z2
You cannot call the 1 888 number from outside of Canada

You can try this link

IRCC Web form
There is a work around for calling the number as you can hide/spam your location to Canada from the UK to call the 888 number.

Get the 'TextNow' app on your smartphone and log in using any email address. It will give you a local number to the area which you specify. I use one for the Vancouver area despite being in the UK.

It will allow you to ring Canada/US free via wifi and call the immigration number.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 4:56 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G0ldie
There is a work around for calling the number as you can hide/spam your location to Canada from the UK to call the 888 number.

Get the 'TextNow' app on your smartphone and log in using any email address. It will give you a local number to the area which you specify. I use one for the Vancouver area despite being in the UK.

It will allow you to ring Canada/US free via wifi and call the immigration number.

Interesting, however, the misinformation line is unlikely to be able to offer any advice regarding issuance of PR cards..