Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Really Can't Believe this want to scream

Wikiposts

Really Can't Believe this want to scream

Old May 30th 2007, 5:18 am
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of
Default Really Can't Believe this want to scream

E-mailed CHC 29th May concerned Bankers Draft dated 24th April had not been drawn upon.

Response today Bankers draft just been returned due to one sent with initial application (I did query this at time but had no receipt a lesson learned)

However they also stated they were waiting for updated Police Checks that were requested on 4th April, this box was not ticked on letter just payment of ROPRF and Medical Instructions.

Mailed them back today explaining that updated Police Checks sent beginning of Jan with other update info asked for. I wait their response.

I was hopeful that PPR would come this week but totally deflated now.

Anybody got any words of wisdom or should I just

Guess the only bonus is that we have £440 back plus another £440ish due to change in fees.
Old May 30th 2007, 5:51 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really Can't Believe this want to scream

As they say now you should suck it up. Some staff simply do not read below the top paper in a file and also do not show docs received in CAIPS so poor service such as you received. Its the luck of the draw.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Hi Suzyanne,

I suppose one day you'll look back and see this differently but now is now.

Have you considered taking up a sport? Seriously - every time I feel really wound up I go for a blast on my bike.

Needless to say, I've been covering a lot of miles recently!

Stay cool. Don't let it consume your life (easy to say, hard to do)

Keep smiling.

Simon
Old May 30th 2007, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

toaster is on a distinguished road

Suzyanne - so frustrating isn't it!!! Maybe this is same case with me. I did my medicals almost 4 months ago and since then, NOTHING. I have e-mailed and faxed them asking very nicely to confirm that they had received X,Y & Z and that I didn't 'owe' them anything. Of course, no response whatsoever!! Now people who did their medicals in April are getting PR (this on another forum -- I am a Buffalo applicant) and I just sit here & worry.

A good cry may make you feel better, but also blow that 440 . God knows you deserve it after going through this process! Best of luck for PR!!!
Old May 30th 2007, 7:23 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to be sure that something you sent is received then send it by registered mail or courier. They will not reply to requests for acknowledgment that such and such has been received.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

toaster is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jim, but you can't do that for medical exam or the RCMP check. I did medical early Feb and it still doesn't say "medicals received" on e-cas (I know I passed the exam itself).

Maybe they sent me a letter asking for additional docs and I didn't get it or they forgot to ask me and are waiting like Suzyanne's case??? Canada Post certainly isn't the Royal Mail (!!!) and I often get other people's mail in my mailbox.

I just don't understand the wait now. Never mind.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

jcatterbury is on a distinguished road

Hi Suzyanne

When I sw you had started this thread I thought I was going to see that you had finally got your PPRs.

Gutted for you but at least it looks as if you getting your visa is a certainty - I am presuming your police certs are nothing to worry about! Only advice I would give you is don't attack any CHC staff as that could spoil your chances!

You'll both be there soon.

Good luck!

Jason
Old May 30th 2007, 8:21 am

Everyone should ensure that their DMP sends the medicals by registered post or pay for courier. And, get the tracking number from the doctor too.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:27 am
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of

Thanks Jason but it still does not ease my pain.

Better phone Hubby on his mobile, he is currently peddling like mad down the M1, on our 6yr olds scooter, armed only with a stapler and an elastic band bound for CHC

Glad we can manage to keep our sense of humour in this long drawn out process. If I didn't I would
Old May 30th 2007, 8:28 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no Suzyanne - you must be gutted! I'm sure there's nothing anyone can say to improve your mood. Chin up at least you are being processed! I have everything crossed for you,
Louise x
Old May 30th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

jcatterbury is on a distinguished road

Better phone Hubby on his mobile, he is currently peddling like mad down the M1, on our 6yr olds scooter, armed only with a stapler and an elastic band bound for CHC
That made me laugh out loud!

Hopefully CHC will recognise their initial error and sort you out quickly now.

Cheers,
Jason
Old May 30th 2007, 9:36 am
Suzy Q

What do you think our chances are of CHC recognising there error and just sending out PPR??

Just out of curiosity how many people out there sent the updated info including new Police Certs, had medicals and then received PPR with no mention of more Police Certs
Old May 30th 2007, 10:23 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suzyanne
What do you think our chances are of CHC recognising there error and just sending out PPR??

Just out of curiosity how many people out there sent the updated info including new Police Certs, had medicals and then received PPR with no mention of more Police Certs
We have a reverse situation, CHC asked us for updated uk police certs when we got our update letter in Aug last year.

We provided them along with the other info requested. When I got a copy of our caips notes, just before we received meds, it clearly said that we did not need any updated UK certs as we had been living in Canada since submitting our application but we did need to provide RCMP fingerprint checks (we had only ever provided alberta police checks!)

We immediately got RCMP checks done but were told that they take 5 months to process, we went for our meds really annoyed that it seemed we wouldn't get ppr for at least 4 or 5 months assuming CHC would wait to hear from RCMP.

Less than 3 weeks after CHC received our meds, we got PPR

I have to say that none of what CHC does makes any sense to me, one thought I did have though - how many people in the '04 AOR's who haven't yet got PPR didn't pay all their fees up front? I don't know why it would make a difference, it just seems odd that there is a group of people in the slow to be processed lane and I wondered if it had anything to do with the ROLF fees

Edited to add, we did pay all fees with initial application.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:20 pm
Suzy Q

Hi Louise,

I've just about given up on trying to work this process out. We did pay all our fees up front that is why I queried the request for ROPRF again.

Hopefully we will get a reply from CHC and they will see the error of there ways and accept Police Certificates that were sent in January 07.

My heart goes out to everyone waiting, especially those that applied in 2004.
Old May 30th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Suzyanne,
Virtual hugs for you!
We've been so close in timelines all the way through, just to be split up by bureaucracy, we're really feeling it for you too!
Hang on in there, it will happen, just a slight delay in the grand scheme of things!
KennyJosie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.