British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Ready for Visa - Help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/ready-visa-help-905039/)

DaleBoy Oct 24th 2017 9:41 pm

Ready for Visa - Help

Hi All,

got my ready for visa email and it seems a bit confusing, so wanted to make sure I got it right (I am a GB citizen). I am using MyCIC and visa exempt and states the following:

You must submit together:

1.� � � One copy of this letter, including the Updated Information Chart in Appendix A.
Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy –please upload this information to your MyCIC account.

2.� � � Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
Note: Visa exempt applicants using MyCIC are not required to submit a physical copy – please upload this information to your MyCIC account.

3.� � � Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...f/5445EB-e.pdf

Note: All visa exempt applicants, including those using MyCIC, are required to mail/courier their photos. **Please ensure you clearly indicate your application number on the back of your photos.

However there is no place on CIC to upload 1 and 2....do I just send them via post?

Vulcanoid Oct 24th 2017 9:46 pm

Re: Ready for Visa - Help

This is really common. Just stick it in the post, especially since you have to mail some of it anyway.

DaleBoy Oct 25th 2017 6:16 am

Anyone know how long London take to process these?

Shakyuk Oct 25th 2017 6:54 am

I had no upload box so I posted everything and there was no problem.
Make sure you photos are the right size, Max Spielmann do them.

It took around 7 days for my online confirmation and around 10 days for the post. That's working days.

Mattc24 Oct 25th 2017 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Shakyuk (Post 12368023)
I had no upload box so I posted everything and there was no problem.
Make sure you photos are the right size, Max Spielmann do them.

It took around 7 days for my online confirmation and around 10 days for the post. That's working days.

Hi,
I had an upload box for my passport photo page but nothing for a copy of the letter and appendix A so I will post that along with my pictures.
What kind of self addressed envelope did you send? Was it just a plain one or a special delivery one? I've just picked up a free plastic special delivery one to send but the postmaster thought it seemed odd they would accept that given the cost to them? Surely they have their own franking system?

Matt.

Vulcanoid Oct 25th 2017 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mattc24 (Post 12368203)
Hi,
I had an upload box for my passport photo page but nothing for a copy of the letter and appendix A so I will post that along with my pictures.
What kind of self addressed envelope did you send? Was it just a plain one or a special delivery one? I've just picked up a free plastic special delivery one to send but the postmaster thought it seemed odd they would accept that given the cost to them? Surely they have their own franking system?

Matt.

They don't just do special delivery (which yes, they do explicitly say they accept); it apparently costs extra, if they send it Friday, to be guaranteed delivered Saturday. I was not expecting when I went away for the weekend, and knew the tracker had been activated Friday afternoon, that I'd get a failed delivery report 10am Saturday :)

Mattc24 Oct 25th 2017 1:59 pm

Why do they ask for a self addressed envelope? I assume it is for the copr documents as I'm not sending them anything that's needs to be sent back to me. Surely copr documents should be sent securely anyway given the nature of the document? I wouldn't want it just chucked in the bag with regular mail?

Hurlabrick Oct 25th 2017 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Mattc24 (Post 12368256)
Why do they ask for a self addressed envelope? I assume it is for the copr documents as I'm not sending them anything that's needs to be sent back to me. Surely copr documents should be sent securely anyway given the nature of the document? I wouldn't want it just chucked in the bag with regular mail?

Sorry, but it IS just chucked in the ordinary mail bag!

Mattc24 Oct 25th 2017 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick (Post 12368264)
Sorry, but it IS just chucked in the ordinary mail bag!

Ah ok fair enough!

Hurlabrick Oct 25th 2017 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mattc24 (Post 12368271)
Ah ok fair enough!

If it is any consolation, they do exactly the same with passports, which all said and done are a LOT more valuable on the dark web!

Shakyuk Oct 25th 2017 2:23 pm

I sent a prepaid special delivery envelope in the bag. That way it's 24 hour return, insured and has a tracking number. I think it was about £6.75 for a prepaid for 100 grams, something like that. From what I remember you can give them any envelope as long as it is A4 fits the documents and only requires them to throw it in the post.

Mattc24 Oct 25th 2017 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Shakyuk (Post 12368294)
I sent a prepaid special delivery envelope in the bag. That way it's 24 hour return, insured and has a tracking number. I think it was about £6.75 for a prepaid for 100 grams, something like that. From what I remember you can give them any envelope as long as it is A4 fits the documents and only requires them to throw it in the post.

Thanks for that. Today I've been and picked up a free blank special delivery envelope to include but i'm not sure they will accept given it will need paying for to send back to me, i think its about £7 for something. They may pass the cost on to me i suppose but not sure how they would do that. My village post office has recently closed so went over to the next village and they don't stock pre-paid ones as the post office too small. Might include a just a plain envelope to - give them a choice!

Shakyuk Oct 26th 2017 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Mattc24 (Post 12368307)
Thanks for that. Today I've been and picked up a free blank special delivery envelope to include but i'm not sure they will accept given it will need paying for to send back to me, i think its about £7 for something. They may pass the cost on to me i suppose but not sure how they would do that. My village post office has recently closed so went over to the next village and they don't stock pre-paid ones as the post office too small. Might include a just a plain envelope to - give them a choice!

I don't think they'll pay it, from the information they sent, it seemed like they'd return it in any envelope so long as their only job was to put it in an envelope and put that in the post. You can prepay the envelope which is what we did.

Let me know if they do pay the cost though, then I can feel annoyed that I didn't get it for free :lol:

Vulcanoid Oct 26th 2017 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mattc24 (Post 12368307)

As I told you - mine was returned not merely special delivery, but they paid the extra for saturday delivery.

I presume the instructions are still "In your package, include a self-addressed envelope that is A4 size or larger (21cm x 30cm or 8.5” x 12”). Do not put stamps on your return envelope. Do not use a courier envelope as your return envelope. If your return address is in the UK, you may use a Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope that is large enough (keep a copy of the tracking number). For packages signed for on receipt at the High Commission, you may be able to track receipt via the website of the courier company." ?

DaleBoy Oct 27th 2017 2:37 pm

on the passport copy, is it just the bio page I assume?