Wikiposts

re PR visa & job offers

Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

wizaird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re PR visa & job offers

hi folks I'm wondering if any of you have knowledge of the situation I am in and can give advice on how to play it.
I have received a formal job offer from my future employer in canada which I have accepted.This was via email;he is currently working on getting me a work permit as I also have PR visa in process.Aor April 2005 ,skilled worke app ,120 day update letter Nov 2006 ,Process start April 21 2007, meds?

My query is this ,I was thinking it would help speed PR visa up if I sent this job offer down to Canadian immigration to accompany my file.That way I've covered both sides of the processes.Will there need to be an LMO accompanying it ?or as it is a PR visa will the job offer suffice .Also would I need a medical exam for me and my wife with a work permit.My job by the way is in the auto repair trade.

Anyone with knowledge on this would be much appreciated,as we are more than ready to get moving and would like to be there before winter.<New Brunswick >

Thanks Dave
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:00 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: re PR visa & job offers

Job offer without AEO is worthless.

To have job offer affecting your PR process it has to meet criteria of arranged employment. In short:

- job offer with positive AEO; or

- you must be already working in Canada with valid work permit and employer must give you offer to convert your current temporary employment to a permanent position on indeterminate basis.

Nothing short of one of the above will work.

BTW - employer cannot get you work permit. Employer's job is to give you job offer with positive LMO and then it is you who will apply for work permit.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

excuse my ignorance but what are the letters AEO short for ?
This is also why I posted as I suspected an LMO was what I would be requiring from my future employer.
Would this LMO and job offer be sufficient to speed it up?
Or should I just take both to Canada and apply for a work permit while there to save time using Uk Canadian embassy ?

thanks Dave
Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:35 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC is needed with job offer to hire PR visa applicant after s/he becomes a PR.

Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC is needed for job offer to hire foreign worker temporary and to apply with both for Work Permit.

LMO alone is only good for Work Permit application, it is wortless for PR application. With LMO you need to get Work Permit first, start working in Canada, get confirmation from employer that your employment will become a permanent one after you get your PR status - only if all of that is met and documented you can claim Arranged Employment in your PR application when using LMO/WP route.

As I've explained already here and in other posts - there are 2 main circumstances when arranged employment can be claimed and may affect PR application (points and speed):

- job offer to hire applicant for full time, permanent position on indeterminate basis after s/he becomes a PR. This needs positive AEO from HRSDC.

- already working in Canada with valid Work Permit and having offer from employer to convert current temporary employment to the full time, permanent position on indeterminate basis after you become a PR.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jun 6th 2007 at 3:42 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for clearing that up.

The postion offered to me in Canada is a permanent one and the employer is aware of my current PR visa application .He is keen to get me working for him this year as soon as possible before winter sets in as it is going to busy , busy , busy .So he is seeking an LMO and once he has this he will forward a copy to me with the written job offer .i assume this is right ?

I then assume i can photocopy this and both apply for a work permit with it and send the other copy to accompany my PR application in London

I also hear that it may be quicker in New Brunswick to apply for the work permit on entering the country at the airports immigration dept.?Rather than throught the UK as they are taking quite some time .Maybe someone will let me know about this timescale.

We want to be gone by Sept / Oct

many thanks Dave