Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller

re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller

Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:07 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 5
chrisjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller

application jan 2004
aor 12th mar 2004
med requests 18th aug

Experts please could you advise me on the following problem when i submitted my application in jan 2004 with clean police clearances, i failed to mention that prior to the clean pc i received a police caution for a very minor offense which has shown on my new police caution. i did not go to court but was arrested and i accepted a caution as it was my first offense. oct 2003

the problem is now when i send my new police clearances will they turn me down.

should i still complete the medicals.
any advice greatly appreciated.
chrisjones is offline  
Old Aug 28th 2005, 1:56 pm
  #2  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 5
chrisjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller or anybody

many many thanks
chrisjones is offline  
Old Aug 28th 2005, 3:50 pm
  #3  
Class 1 Driver and Nurse
 
andy_sheila's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Kentville, N.S.
Posts: 1,498
andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller or anybody

Originally Posted by chrisjones
many many thanks
You need an expert to answer this but my understanding is that as it was only a caution, it won't count against you, however the fact that you hid it from them is a different matter and i have no idea how they will look upon that. i suspect that if you came up with a good enough reason why you forgot to mention it then they will be ok with it.
HTH
andy_sheila is offline  
Old Aug 28th 2005, 7:07 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 8
sdp69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller

Originally Posted by chrisjones
application jan 2004
aor 12th mar 2004
med requests 18th aug

Experts please could you advise me on the following problem when i submitted my application in jan 2004 with clean police clearances, i failed to mention that prior to the clean pc i received a police caution for a very minor offense which has shown on my new police caution. i did not go to court but was arrested and i accepted a caution as it was my first offense. oct 2003

the problem is now when i send my new police clearances will they turn me down.

should i still complete the medicals.
any advice greatly appreciated.
I was cautioned 8 years ago and did not declare it on my application forms as it was not on my Police Certificates. When I spoke to the local costabulary they said that the caution was removed after 3 years and the record of it destroyed after 5 years, hence the reason I did not declare. Then I got worried and posted on here, see here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301676

As your certificates now show your caution, maybe you could FAX them before they do your IA ?

HTH,

sdp69
sdp69 is offline  
Old Aug 28th 2005, 7:42 pm
  #5  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 4,483
Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller

Originally Posted by chrisjones
application jan 2004
aor 12th mar 2004
med requests 18th aug

Experts please could you advise me on the following problem when i submitted my application in jan 2004 with clean police clearances, i failed to mention that prior to the clean pc i received a police caution for a very minor offense which has shown on my new police caution. i did not go to court but was arrested and i accepted a caution as it was my first offense. oct 2003

the problem is now when i send my new police clearances will they turn me down.

should i still complete the medicals.
any advice greatly appreciated.
You were arrested but only cautioned. You should send in the police record with your explanation. Only judicial findings of guilt count, but the omission to mention this may be considered as showing a certain lack of respect in the visa officer's mind.
Jim Humphries is offline  
Old Aug 28th 2005, 7:59 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 8
sdp69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You were arrested but only cautioned. You should send in the police record with your explanation. Only judicial findings of guilt count, but the omission to mention this may be considered as showing a certain lack of respect in the visa officer's mind.
Jim,

I assume your advice does not apply to me as my Police Certificates are now clear and were clear at time of application?

Regards,
sdp.
sdp69 is offline  
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:23 pm
  #7  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller

No, it applies to you too. Even if your police certificate was clear but you have been charged or convicted then it must be disclosed, explained and documented. Failure to do so will be an offence of omission and/or misrepresentation.


Originally Posted by sdp69
Jim,

I assume your advice does not apply to me as my Police Certificates are now clear and were clear at time of application?

Regards,
sdp.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:27 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 8
sdp69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, it applies to you too. Even if your police certificate was clear but you have been charged or convicted then it must be disclosed, explained and documented. Failure to do so will be an offence of omission and/or misrepresentation.
Andrew,

Arrested, never charged, never convicted, cautioned only.

sdp.
sdp69 is offline  
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:43 pm
  #9  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police caution attn for jim or mr miller

Why not disclose it then? It is up to CIC do determine if your arrest and caution will affect your inadmissibility or not - it is not for you to decide what to disclose or what not. You want to be honest and fully disclose all facts that may be a factor in the assessment of your application. Fact like this once discovered during background/security check (and they will be discovered) may result in delays in the application process, additional checks, etc. and in extreme cases to refusal on basis of misrepresentation - why would you want to risk it? You claim that you have not been charged nor convicted, thus you have nothing to worry by disclosing the fact.


Originally Posted by sdp69
Andrew,

Arrested, never charged, never convicted, cautioned only.

sdp.
Andrew Miller is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.