Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Re-entry to Canada on Implied Status

Re-entry to Canada on Implied Status

Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re-entry to Canada on Implied Status

All
Another question from me while I try to figure out if we need to make the arduous trek to the border this weekend or not:

Are you able to re-enter Canada from the US if you are on implied status, i.e. if your application for TWP extension is being processed but your current TWP has expired?

Thanks again!

H
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:34 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Re-entry to Canada on Implied Status

Answered you in other thread, but nope. Unless you are in a position to apply for the work permit at the border you may only be admitted as a visitor, not a worker.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BTJ
Answered you in other thread, but nope. Unless you are in a position to apply for the work permit at the border you may only be admitted as a visitor, not a worker.
Our application for the TWP extension has already been submitted by my firm's immigration lawyers - I just wanted to check if that is sufficient to re-enter the country. I have a letter from the lawyer's confirming this which can be used at POE.....
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:41 pm
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

You'd actually have to apply for a work permit at the border, not just a reference to it, so you'd need the provincial nomination letter and it'd need to be you and then your husband applying for the work permit seeing as his work permit depends on you having one.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...p/op11-eng.pdf Section 24 is the bit you need to look at.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ah, ok I see - thanks so much!