Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

RE Which consulate has shorter timeframes?

RE Which consulate has shorter timeframes?

Old Aug 28th 2001, 12:01 pm
Dorin

Mr Miller,

Thank you for your message. I consulted the consulate in Buffalo (before reading your
reply) and learned the same. I am getting ready for a long wait, at least 2 years..

I wonder if a job offer from a canadian firm might speed things up? It looks like I
should have a good chance of finding work relatively easy in Canada by studying the
job market on the Workopolis website. I haven't started yet to look for a job yet,
just an idea. I did some reading in the past on this issue and if I remember
correctly such a company would need approval from the canadian labor department which
states that there are no canadians available to fill the position. Or does this
requirement refer to a temporary work permit? I also remember having read that
applying for a work permit while having an application to immigrate to Canada pending
is not a good idea. Could you please help me understand what exactly means a 'job
offer' in the context of supporting documetation in the immigration file?

Thank you,

Dorin

Message 1 in thread From: Dorin ([email protected]) Subject: Which consulate has
shorter timeframes? Newsgroups: misc.immigration.canada View this article only Date:
2001-08-25 14:22:36 PST

I have to transfer my file from New York to Europe (cannot re-enter US). Please
advise which consulates in Europe (preferably one in Eastern Europe) has shorter
interview queues? Thank you in advance!

Dorin Post a follow-up to this message

Message 2 in thread From: Andrew Miller ([email protected]) Subject: Re: Which
consulate has shorter timeframes? Newsgroups: misc.immigration.canada View this
article only Date: 2001-08-25 14:40:42 PST

It really doesn't matter which visa post has the shorter processing times. Processing
time depends from several factors, not only from the visa post. You should transfer
your files to the visa post responsible for country of your residence - in your case
it will be Canadian Embassy in Bucharest. Transferring files anywhere else will be a
huge mistake as currently all out of jurisdiction applications require an interview,
application has to be consulted and all supporting documents verified with visa post
responsible for applicant's country of residence - all of that takes additional time
and your application will not be processed with same priority as applications from
within the jurisdiction.

Also note that after file transfer your application process starts virtually from
scratch and you will lose all the time you've waited so far. It is not that you will
just jump into the interview queue in the new visa post
- your application will be processed all over again and will land at the bottom of
the pile. Transfer files to Bucharest and don't make any more time costly mistakes.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia

To schedule Confidential Phone Consultation send email to [email protected] (delete
REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
Post a follow-up to this message

©2001 Google