Re-apply for PR after losing PR??

Old Jan 16th 2022, 6:09 am
Just Joined

pac_les_man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re-apply for PR after losing PR??

if one moves abroad after getting PR... and stays out longer than 730 days ... do you have to do the whole drill again? express entry, CRS score and all.
Old Jan 16th 2022, 6:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-apply for PR after losing PR??

Originally Posted by pac_les_man View Post
if one moves abroad after getting PR... and stays out longer than 730 days ... do you have to do the whole drill again? express entry, CRS score and all.
Yep, usually. But it does depend, as some time abroad counts i.e. time with a Canadian spouse or time working abroad for a Canadian company. Either of those apply to you, if not then exactly how many days short are you?
Old Jan 16th 2022, 7:12 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Yep, usually. But it does depend, as some time abroad counts i.e. time with a Canadian spouse or time working abroad for a Canadian company. Either of those apply to you, if not then exactly how many days short are you?
1. Actually it would be 3 years outside Canada after "landing" that puts your PR in jeopardy. You don't automatically lose your PR status, if you are reported on entry, you have appeal rights, if you apply for a PRTD you again have appeals. If you enter Canada without being reported, then remain for 2 years, without being reported, then you would be back in compliance.
Old Jan 16th 2022, 7:13 am
Just Joined

neither case applies to me (no canadian spouse, no canadian company). i am just planning ahead to see if i can move out after getting the PR and be abroad for 3-5 years to take another offer in UK....but i didnt have enoug points in the first place and only managed to come through with a work permit... so if i am losing it... it sort of means saying goodbye to Canada and i really have to think it through
Old Jan 16th 2022, 7:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM View Post
Hi

1. Actually it would be 3 years outside Canada after "landing" that puts your PR in jeopardy. You don't automatically lose your PR status, if you are reported on entry, you have appeal rights, if you apply for a PRTD you again have appeals. If you enter Canada without being reported, then remain for 2 years, without being reported, then you would be back in compliance.
Which is exactly why I asked how many days short the OP was.
Old Jan 16th 2022, 7:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by pac_les_man View Post
neither case applies to me (no canadian spouse, no canadian company). i am just planning ahead to see if i can move out after getting the PR and be abroad for 3-5 years to take another offer in UK....but i didnt have enoug points in the first place and only managed to come through with a work permit... so if i am losing it... it sort of means saying goodbye to Canada and i really have to think it through
Ah, then yes, you couldn’t do that without risking your PR status. Best to plan less time outside Canada, although if you’re already thinking about spending 3-5 years outside Canada and haven’t even got PR yet then is Canada the place for you anyway?
Old Jan 16th 2022, 7:51 am
Just Joined

if you’re already thinking about spending 3-5 years outside Canada and haven’t even got PR yet then is Canada the place for you anyway?
exactly... it's such a good offer from a financial and career perspective. but if it definitely buggars my PR... i know i will be 3-5 years older and definitely wont have enough points for express entry. so have to think it through really hard. Cheers