British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Re-apply for Immigration-complications? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/re-apply-immigration-complications-10207/)

allan michael cuenca Jan 26th 2001 1:52 am

Hi,

I need advise on my re-application for a PR Visa. Here are the circumstances surrounding
my application.

Dec 1999 I submitted my PR application to immigration consultants Canadian Immigration
Consultants (CIC), Manila, Philippines.

Jan 2000 I got married (my application stated I was still single).

Feb 2000, my application via immigration consultants Canadian Immigration Consultants
(CIC) was submitted to the Canadian Embassy in the Philippines. I have inquired from CIC
and have been informed of my filing number.

Feb 2000--I left for Singapore.

May 2000--I was informed by a previous housemate (in Manila) that CIC called to say that
my application for PR has been approved. Interview has been waived. No documentary notice
was sent. I sent several emails to try to confirm the information.

June 2000--I called and received an email response from CIC that my application has indeed
been successful and I was expected to submit a medical report. I was also expected to have
the medical checkup done in the Philippines although I am gainfully employed in Singapore.
I was also asked to send a copy of my employment contract that I was in fact staying and
working in Singapore. I requested for a recognized Doctor in Singapore in lieu of flying
to the Philippines for medical checkup. No response. No documentary proof also that the
application was successful.

I am currently employed as Project Manager of a Research and Development Unit for an
Application Service Provider operation in Singapore. I wish to pursue my goal of living
and working in Canada. What are my options?

Randz Jan 29th 2001 3:34 am

You should've been informed also that you have 90 days to complete your medicals otherwise
your application will expire.

> Hi,
>
> I need advise on my re-application for a PR Visa. Here are the circumstances surrounding
> my application.
>
> Dec 1999 I submitted my PR application to immigration consultants Canadian Immigration
> Consultants (CIC), Manila, Philippines.
>
> Jan 2000 I got married (my application stated I was still single).
>
> Feb 2000, my application via immigration consultants Canadian Immigration Consultants
> (CIC) was submitted to the Canadian Embassy in the Philippines. I have inquired from CIC
> and have been informed of my filing number.
>
> Feb 2000--I left for Singapore.
>
> May 2000--I was informed by a previous housemate (in Manila) that CIC called to say that
> my application for PR has been approved. Interview has been waived. No documentary
> notice was sent. I sent several emails to try to confirm the information.
>
> June 2000--I called and received an email response from CIC that my application has
> indeed been successful and I was expected to submit a medical report. I was also
> expected to have the medical checkup done in the Philippines although I am gainfully
> employed in Singapore. I was also asked to send a copy of my employment contract that I
> was in fact staying and working in Singapore. I requested for a recognized Doctor in
> Singapore in lieu of flying to the Philippines for medical checkup. No response. No
> documentary proof also that the application was successful.
>
> I am currently employed as Project Manager of a Research and Development Unit for an
> Application Service Provider operation in Singapore. I wish to pursue my goal of living
> and working in Canada. What are my options?