Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

RCMP Records Never Requested--Is there a Problem?!

RCMP Records Never Requested--Is there a Problem?!

Old Dec 28th 2004, 8:08 am
Account Closed

guest210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RCMP Records Never Requested--Is there a Problem?!

Dear Experts,

I recently posted a question on this forum regarding timelines. After combing through the posts in this forum, I noticed a great deal of talk about RCMP clearances and how long they take.

I received my interview waiver/medical requests on approx October 15, 2004. The only additional documents required were confirmation of employment/student status in Canada, but *nothing* regarding an RCMP Clearance. CIC *does* have my FBI clearance/fingerprint card.

When I applied it specifically stated that I should not initiate an RCMP search until requested. I was however, not requested to do so. Until reading this postings, I thought that perhaps, CIC initiated the request on their own.

I believed that I was in the final stage of my application, and really don't want to wait another year because Buffalo did not request an important document.

Question: Should I initiate the request on my own, right now, or does this mean that CIC is taking care of everything and it is all under control?

As they say on this forum, "Experts please help!"

Greg

Additional info:

Birthplace/Passport: USA
AOR: Feb 12, 2004
IA/Waiver/Medical Request: Oct 6, 2004
Status in Canada: Student since Jan 1998
Crime-Free

Last edited by guest210; Dec 28th 2004 at 8:38 am. Reason: additional information
Old Dec 28th 2004, 8:49 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RCMP Records Never Requested--Is there a Problem?!

Originally Posted by Inspace
Dear Experts,

I recently posted a question on this forum regarding timelines. After combing through the posts in this forum, I noticed a great deal of talk about RCMP clearances and how long they take.

I received my interview waiver/medical requests on approx October 15, 2004. The only additional documents required were confirmation of employment/student status in Canada, but *nothing* regarding an RCMP Clearance. CIC *does* have my FBI clearance/fingerprint card.

When I applied it specifically stated that I should not initiate an RCMP search until requested. I was however, not requested to do so. Until reading this postings, I thought that perhaps, CIC initiated the request on their own.

I believed that I was in the final stage of my application, and really don't want to wait another year because Buffalo did not request an important document.

Question: Should I initiate the request on my own, right now, or does this mean that CIC is taking care of everything and it is all under control?

As they say on this forum, "Experts please help!"

Greg

Additional info:

Birthplace/Passport: USA
AOR: Feb 12, 2004
IA/Waiver/Medical Request: Oct 6, 2004
Status in Canada: Student since Jan 1998
Crime-Free

You do not need to do anything. If you are really worried you can request an RCMP certificate and have it in hand.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 6:13 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: RCMP Records Never Requested--Is there a Problesm?!

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You do not need to do anything. If you are really worried you can request an RCMP certificate and have it in hand.
Thanks a lot Mr. Humphries. I will in fact, have fingerprints taken and initiate the request for an RCMP certificate tomorrow to have it in hand

Question #1: Does this mean that the CIC is performing checks on behalf of the applications? I have heard that many applicants living in Canada--all of them students for some strange reason--have not been requested one. Have we all been simply overlooked?

Question #2: Would it be at all harmful to send proof that the RCMP clearance has been requested (perhaps a copy of the form and the courier receipt).

Thanks a lot Experts! This forum has helped to ease anxiety.

Greg
Old Dec 28th 2004, 11:36 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inspace
Thanks a lot Mr. Humphries. I will in fact, have fingerprints taken and initiate the request for an RCMP certificate tomorrow to have it in hand

Question #1: Does this mean that the CIC is performing checks on behalf of the applications? I have heard that many applicants living in Canada--all of them students for some strange reason--have not been requested one. Have we all been simply overlooked?

Question #2: Would it be at all harmful to send proof that the RCMP clearance has been requested (perhaps a copy of the form and the courier receipt).

Thanks a lot Experts! This forum has helped to ease anxiety.

Greg

The visa office does a name check. Only if one is so unlucky as to have the same name as someone who is on the list will they be asked to supply fingerprints. It is of no use to send in proof of haiving applied for a PC. It just becomes another attachment with little probative value that helps gum up the works!
Old Dec 29th 2004, 1:51 am
Account Closed

Thanks again Mr. Humphries... This thread will probably be of help to otheres in the same situation. I have already spread the word to other confused applicants.

However, I am putting in the request tomorrow when I return from holiday, just in case, as I hope in the summer to be applying for a laminated permanent residence card and not more documents

Greg
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

charmer6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RCMP Records Never Requested--Is there a Problem?!

dont worry about it. If RCMP clearance is required the consulate will ask you. There are cases where the consulate gives PR without an RCMP clearance.