RCMP check AGAIN!!!

Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RCMP check AGAIN!!!

Hello again,

I know there have been many posts on this theme so sorry to be a bore. However, having searched previous posts I have not been able to find a definitive answer.

I am about to go and get my fingerprints taken in a UK police station to send to the RCMP address in Ottawa as I was a visitor in Canada for around 6 months in 2001.

My question is…Do I literally just send the fingerprints that the UK police give me with a covering letter only, or is there an RCMP application form/any other documentation that I need to send with the fingerprints?

Can anyone who has done this from the UK advise on exactly what they sent (i.e. letters, forms, money etc) I understand that it takes 150 days +so I do not want to risk missing anything out that may delay it further.

Thanks in advance,

Jameso
Old Dec 8th 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCMP check AGAIN!!!

Hi Jameso,

sent my fingerprint sent (no cover letter, nothing else) at the end of october to ottawa centre....

DHL courier shows it has been delivered but I am now trying to track it by myself. Here is the tough part! RCMP never answers to my emails and I feel very nervous about do not knowing the status of my set....

hope this help...

Cry

Originally Posted by Jameso
Hello again,

I know there have been many posts on this theme so sorry to be a bore. However, having searched previous posts I have not been able to find a definitive answer.

I am about to go and get my fingerprints taken in a UK police station to send to the RCMP address in Ottawa as I was a visitor in Canada for around 6 months in 2001.

My question is…Do I literally just send the fingerprints that the UK police give me with a covering letter only, or is there an RCMP application form/any other documentation that I need to send with the fingerprints?

Can anyone who has done this from the UK advise on exactly what they sent (i.e. letters, forms, money etc) I understand that it takes 150 days +so I do not want to risk missing anything out that may delay it further.

Thanks in advance,

Jameso
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cryout
Hi Jameso,

sent my fingerprint sent (no cover letter, nothing else) at the end of october to ottawa centre....

DHL courier shows it has been delivered but I am now trying to track it by myself. Here is the tough part! RCMP never answers to my emails and I feel very nervous about do not knowing the status of my set....

hope this help...

Cry
Thanks for that, So I assume you did not get a receipt from RCMP??
Old Dec 8th 2004, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that, So I assume you did not get a receipt from RCMP??

no man....no receipt, no news...just their silence as answer....

I should quit being a forum addicted since I have read about horror stories of people whose fingerprint set was lost and they waited in vain...

knowledgeable people, please: HOW TO AVOID IT?

Cry
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:42 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cryout
no man....no receipt, no news...just their silence as answer....

I should quit being a forum addicted since I have read about horror stories of people whose fingerprint set was lost and they waited in vain...

knowledgeable people, please: HOW TO AVOID IT?

Cry
Droped my FPs into the big black hole 2 months ago and am hoping something will emerge 3 mo from now as well. :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mhhp
Droped my FPs into the big black hole 2 months ago and am hoping something will emerge 3 mo from now as well. :scared: :scared: :scared:
Hi mhhp,

Did you also just send the fingerpirints and nothing else? (cover letter, money, return envelope??) Which country did you get your prints done in??

Thanks again, Jameso
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

I am sure we don't have to pay for it! 100%....

about the cover letter, I think it's up to you in the case you wanna be more clear...actually i didn't attach it...just straight fingerprint set!

RCMP will directly forward it to the consulate...

Cry
Hi mhhp,

Did you also just send the fingerpirints and nothing else? (cover letter, money, return envelope??) Which country did you get your prints done in??

Thanks again, Jameso
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mhhp

Hey man!

the big black hole it's a nice and adequate definition...did you get the luck to track your set? if yes, share how!

cry