rcmp check

Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

kayh has a brilliant futurekayh has a brilliant futurekayh has a brilliant futurekayh has a brilliant futurekayh has a brilliant futurekayh has a brilliant futurekayh has a brilliant future
Default rcmp check

We are in the process of applying for PR. Currently in Canada on WP. Will be applying through London and asking to be fast tracked with arranged employment. We will need to get a RCMP check but I have heard they take 5 months or so. Can we get one before we have sent off our application to London and before we have a file number? or do we wait until we have a file number?

Many Thanks
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: rcmp check

There was a thread on here a while ago with links to the CIC website that states that you only need to provide police checks for countries other than Canada where you have lived for more than 6 months, and CIC will check Canada.

Check this though as things change, but the CIC website still says that they will do the Canada check for you. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ica/canada.asp
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

here4myman is an unknown quantity at this point

We went to the rcmp station to do our police check and it only took 20 minutes Anne
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by here4myman
We went to the rcmp station to do our police check and it only took 20 minutes Anne
Then you only got a name check, if requested, you require an RCMP fingerprint check.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

fionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nice

Hi

We had to do the name check and the fingerprint I think the fingerprint took a month tops and we just did it through our local RCMP office.

Fiona
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

snoopymccrew is an unknown quantity at this point

On the advice of other people on this board, I requested RCMP check before I submitted my application (Skilled Worker with AEO.) I had lived & worked in Canada for one year previously.

On the accompanying letter, I asked specifically if they could send the result to my home address. This was done about 3 months later, with the specific request highlighted on my letter. I don't know if they will always do this, but I say it's worth a shot, even if you're sending your application off now, rather than adding 3+ months to your application later down the line.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kayh
We are in the process of applying for PR. Currently in Canada on WP. Will be applying through London and asking to be fast tracked with arranged employment. We will need to get a RCMP check but I have heard they take 5 months or so. Can we get one before we have sent off our application to London and before we have a file number? or do we wait until we have a file number?

Many Thanks

Its pretty easy just go you local rcmp or commissionares office and get the process going, make sure if you are sending the results to london they have all your details, eg file etc. In terms of time, who knows how long it takes, unless you ask for the results to be sent to you.

Best of luck james.