Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

RCMP certified criminal record check based on fingerprints

RCMP certified criminal record check based on fingerprints

Old Sep 16th 2019, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

quinny1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RCMP certified criminal record check based on fingerprints

Hello I have been asked to provide the following,

‘Please provide an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints’

Can somebody please tell me exactly what they are asking for, how much it’ll cost and why am I being asked to provide this?

I’m currently living in the UK. I previously lived in Canada for 18 months legally on a working holiday visa.

Many thanks in advance
Old Sep 16th 2019, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RCMP certified criminal record check based on fingerprints

They're asking for - well, that.

Instructions on how to get every police check IRCC ask for is on their website, in this case at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ow/canada.html, which tells you to go to Steps for getting a certified criminal record check | Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

You'll be getting it because they tried and failed to clear you by name, which probably means there's a known Canadian criminal who could be confused with you, and they need fingerprints to determine if it's you or not.
Old Sep 17th 2019, 5:54 am
Just Joined

quinny1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RCMP certified criminal record check based on fingerprints

Thankyou for the reply. I understand the necessity for this however it is kind of frustrating also. Just another cost I wasn’t expecting to encounter. So by my understanding I need to contact my local police station here in the uk, arrange for them to take my finger prints, presumably at a cost. Then go to an ‘accredited company’ and pay them an additional fee to send them back the rcmp?

Thanks again