Quickest option for PR

Old Mar 7th 2019, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

Dave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quickest option for PR

Hello guys.

I arrived in Canada ( Saskatchewan ) 6 months ago on a work permit, at that time I was under the impression that 3 or 4 months was the waiting time to be successful for PR. It now transpires that its between 15/19 months waiting time.
My wife arrived 3 months ago and is working full time on an open work permit.

so my question is..what's my options on getting a work permit the quickest route. Even if I apply the normal route theres a chance my work permit may expire before PR is Granted.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 2:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quickest option for PR

Hi, welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by Dave99ok
It now transpires that its between 15/19 months waiting time.
That's only for PNP paper applications though. Have you looked to see if you're eligible for PR via Express Entry? 6 month processing time or so if you went down that route.

so my question is..what's my options on getting a work permit the quickest route. Even if I apply the normal route theres a chance my work permit may expire before PR is Granted.
What kind of work permit are you on now and when does it expire? If you get to the first stage of a PR app, and your work permit has less than 4 months on it at that point, you can usually apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit which would tide you over until you get PR - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...rk-permit.html

HTH.

Old Mar 7th 2019, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Dave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply.

I have looked into the express route but at this time I have not accumulated enough working hours as I've only been here around 6 months.

Not sure on my work permits actual title but it does come with conditions.
1. Must leave by 2020 08 22
2 must work in occupation stated
3 must work with employer stated.

I don't really want to stay with present employer for another 2 years for my PR to come through and would much rather have options to move on if possible.
I came through on the provincial nomination program if this helps.

Thanks David
Old Mar 7th 2019, 7:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have looked into the express route but at this time I have not accumulated enough working hours as I've only been here around 6 months.
Not sure what you mean by this? There's no requirement to have worked in Canada for a certain amount of time for an EE app. There is for the Canadian Experience Class, but that's only one stream of several that come under EE. EE is a points based system, so if you score enough you can apply from anywhere in the world and without any Canadian experience. You can check to see if you're eligible to enter the EE pool here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

And then check your points score here - Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

For both, you'll need to complete the tests as if you've taken your English exam (assume max points for now as a native English speaker) and say you've got an ECA, both of which are mandatory for EE apps, otherwise it'll tell you you're not eligible. But it's just to get an idea at this stage.

I don't really want to stay with present employer for another 2 years for my PR to come through and would much rather have options to move on if possible.
I came through on the provincial nomination program if this helps.
It does, yes. So presumably you've already applied for PR via PNP? Unfortunately you wouldn't be eligible for the Bridging Open Work Permit I mentioned above as your work permit is employer specific.

From what you've said, your only options are to either look at a quicker route to PR i.e. EE as above, or to get a new job offer/LMIA from a new employer. PR shouldn't take another two years though, and if you've already applied for PR it may take longer to start again and go down another route anyway.

HTH.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

I have not applied for PR as yet, we are booked in to get our photos taken this coming week then my plan was to apply asap.
I think now I should hold off and look more into the EE route, I may then, get PR through much sooner.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 10:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I have not applied for PR as yet, we are booked in to get our photos taken this coming week then my plan was to apply asap.
I think now I should hold off and look more into the EE route, I may then, get PR through much sooner.
Sorry, I’m confused. You said you came through under the PNP 6 months ago so I’d assumed you’d received nomination and a closed work permit that way? But you have to apply for PR within 6 months of receiving your provincial nomination which you say you’ve not done yet?

So are you on a normal work permit i.e. not linked to a PNP app? If so, you’re not tied to SK or applying under the PNP and I’d advise you to look at EE as that will be much quicker.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

I did get provincial nomination, and as I stated the 2 year work permit comes with the 3 earlier stated conditions. As for needing to apply for PR within 6 months I'm not sure of that condition.
I am about to apply for PR now but not sure on what route will be best for me. I'm gonna read up on the EE option now.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 11:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I did get provincial nomination, and as I stated the 2 year work permit comes with the 3 earlier stated conditions. As for needing to apply for PR within 6 months I'm not sure of that condition.
I am about to apply for PR now but not sure on what route will be best for me. I'm gonna read up on the EE option now.
Your nomination is only valid for 6 months, so has now expired and can’t be used to apply for PR.

As said above, EE is points based. Essentially, if you’re young and educated you’ll probably score enough, but take the tests I’ve linked to above - you’ll need to be scoring above approx 450 on the CRS to be in with a chance of getting an invite to apply for PR under EE.

But if your work permit is linked to your nomination and PNP app, then do check it’s still valid.

What is your current job and which stream of the PNP were you going to apply for?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 7th 2019 at 11:31 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

My work permit is ok until 2020 08 22.
position of cnc machinist NOC#7231
Old Mar 8th 2019, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Just had a go at the points system and got 358.
I also checked back on my paperwork and noticed my nomination ran out in December 2019, and if I tick off the nomination check box on the point system the points shoot up to nearly 1000. Looks like I missed the boat for them extra points.
would 358 be enough ?
Old Mar 8th 2019, 8:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I'm afraid not. As said above, approx 450 is the level of points required. You can see all of the EE draws here, it's never gone below 400 and has been consistently above approx 430 for quite some time now - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-previous.html

Sounds like your only option for PR is to start from scratch and reapply for PNP unfortunately. And do double check with SINP that your work permit is definitely still valid, I know you're within the date of it but it's linked to your now expired nomination and expected PR app. I'm hoping that PMM will see this and comment on whether or not a work permit issued under a PNP nomination app is still valid if PR is never applied for (or rejected), as I'm just not sure on that one.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 5:55 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of alternatives.... CNC Machinist is a Skilled Designated Trade in Saskatchewan... do you have your Provincial Certificate of Qualification by any chance? If you do and you applied under the FSW Skilled Trades Express Entry stream, you may get an invite in the next specific "Express Entry Trades" round if you are scoring over 290/
https://saskapprenticeship.ca/freque...-applicants-2/
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html

As christmasoompa has said, in order to comply and continue with your PNP application you would usually have to submit your full Permanent Residence application to RCIC within 6 months - you said your expires December 2019 - did you mean 2018? https://www.saskatchewan.ca/resident...and-guidelines