Quick question on flagpoling

Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Tungle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick question on flagpoling

Can I pay my visa fees when re-entering Canada or do I have to pay for them beforehand?
Old Jan 5th 2012, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question on flagpoling

What visa fee are you referring to ??????
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

The $150 temporary work permit fee, I'm currently in Canada on IEC but now how have a positive LMO
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You can pay it by cash or major credit card at the POE.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Okay, fantastic thanks
Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:28 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

Just remember when flagpoling you may ask to be refused entry to the US if you wish. But the forum generally advise that you make a genuine daytrip (or holiday) to the US and then return, since you never know how the Americans will treat an entry refusal the next time you want in.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Yeah I read the wiki on here about that, I didn't like the sound of that in any case so we're thinking of spending the day in Buffalo, which is fine by us, it's all new adventures!

So when we come back into Canada we just say, err hey, I need to get a work permit?
Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tungle
Yeah I read the wiki on here about that, I didn't like the sound of that in any case so we're thinking of spending the day in Buffalo, which is fine by us, it's all new adventures!

So when we come back into Canada we just say, err hey, I need to get a work permit?
No we expect a please sir or maam may I be issued a Work Permit
Old Jan 6th 2012, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

looool

okay, perfect I will use that exact phrase

thank you
Old Jan 7th 2012, 1:05 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tungle
looool

okay, perfect I will use that exact phrase

thank you
I did a Saturday trip to Bellingham (well, actually, I really wanted to visit the place called Acme on the way to Bellingham from Sumas - call me sad but I couldn't pass up the chance to go to the place on the Roadrunner cartoons) and got my SOWP on the way back in to Canada.

It was fine and actually the US border guards were all lovely, smiley and friendly on the way out and if not quite so happy on the way back in, they were at least efficient and helpful and I had no issues with them at all.

Good Luck!
Old Jan 7th 2012, 6:18 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
I did a Saturday trip to Bellingham (well, actually, I really wanted to visit the place called Acme on the way to Bellingham from Sumas - call me sad but I couldn't pass up the chance to go to the place on the Roadrunner cartoons) and got my SOWP on the way back in to Canada.

It was fine and actually the US border guards were all lovely, smiley and friendly on the way out and if not quite so happy on the way back in, they were at least efficient and helpful and I had no issues with them at all.

Good Luck!

We have a place called that too here in AB not far from Drumheller