Wikiposts

Quick question for experts

Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

pak2 will become famous soon enoughpak2 will become famous soon enough
Question Quick question for experts

Hi All,

I have a PR application running. I have just received a work permit and intend to go to Canada next month. My wife is pregnant and due in November. If the baby is born in Canada do I need to notify the CHC London regarding my PR application? i.e. to add the baby to the PR application.

Thanks

Phil
Old Apr 29th 2005, 12:34 am
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quick question for experts

Originally Posted by pak2
Hi All,

I have a PR application running. I have just received a work permit and intend to go to Canada next month. My wife is pregnant and due in November. If the baby is born in Canada do I need to notify the CHC London regarding my PR application? i.e. to add the baby to the PR application.

Thanks

Phil
Hi,

You can notify the CHC London but u dont need to add the baby as baby will be canadian citizen if he/she is born in canada.

regards

newlooks
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Minerva101 is an unknown quantity at this point

My son also was born in Canada when my PR application was running. I informed CIC and I sent them a copy of his birth certificate. That was all, you dont need to add the baby to your application since he/she will be a canadian citizen.

Hope this help

Mini
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough

However, if the baby is born outside Canada, make damn sure you will notify CIC before they stamp your passport. See a thread above with a nightmare scenario.

Originally Posted by pak2
Hi All,

Thanks

Phil