Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

A quick question about work/study permits

A quick question about work/study permits

Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

chaddsuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A quick question about work/study permits

HI everyone

This is my situation.....

I am due to land in Toronto next month in order to look for work, I have enough money to see me through a few months until I get a job offer.

Once I have obtained my job offer and a positive LMO (fingers crossed) then I will be flag polling at Niagara...

If I fly my wife and kids out and flag pole with them she would be able to apply for an open permit which will be handy for us however if she came at a later date she would I believe have to apply for a separate work permit and also the kids study permits.

If they decided to come at a later date would it be easy enough for me to apply for the kids study permits? (they are only 2 1/2 and 12)..I'm not exactly sure how that application would work, does any know by any chance?

Thanks

Chris
Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A quick question about work/study permits

yeah, my partner and kids followed on a month later, and got their permits at the airport, no sweat.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A quick question about work/study permits

Thats good, but I thought in order for the spouse to have an open work permit it had to be activated at the same time as the main applicants.

Is this not right? did your other half manage to flag poll with your kids whilst you were still there? so she didn't need to come over and flag poll with you?

If thats the case thats excellent for me, but i don't know if it is.

Sorry for hijacking your thread