Wikiposts

Quick LMO Question

Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:25 am
Just Joined

CraneOperator is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick LMO Question

Im trying to get out to work in Canada through the LMO/TFW route. I have a possible job offer but the money that is being offered is quite low. I have seen and applied for a number of positions offering a much higher wage. Just wondered if anyone knows if I am named on an LMO and working for a company how long I must stay with them? I have been told that if I was to accept a job from another firm that provided that I am named on an LMO issued to that company I am free to leave the first job. Does anyone know if this is correct? Has anyone been in this situation?
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick LMO Question

You don't have to stay with your employer for any length of time unless you want to, although you can't work for anybody else without a new LMO/TWP.

One thing to be aware of though, is that if the wages on offer are low, the LMO won't be issued anyway - the job must be paying reasonable wages to qualify.

HTH.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:50 am
Just Joined

CraneOperator is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quick LMO Question

thanks for the speedy response.