Questions on Spousal Visa

Old Mar 6th 2005, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

mavs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions on Spousal Visa

hello experts, i would like to ask what would happened in a spousal visa application. can the canadian husband petition his wife and family even if they are all living outside canada? what if the spousal visa application is approved? is the whole family obliged to live in canada for a certain period of time before they can go out or live in another country? pls enlightened me on this matter. thanks!
Old Mar 6th 2005, 2:03 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Re: Questions on Spousal Visa

Originally Posted by mavs
hello experts, i would like to ask what would happened in a spousal visa application. can the canadian husband petition his wife and family even if they are all living outside canada? what if the spousal visa application is approved? is the whole family obliged to live in canada for a certain period of time before they can go out or live in another country? pls enlightened me on this matter. thanks!
I am not an expert but I would suggest you follow the below link to find information about applying.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.html
Old Mar 6th 2005, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OzRob
I am not an expert but I would suggest you follow the below link to find information about applying.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.html
hi ozrob, thanks for the link. i've read the site before but it doesn't give information on what would happened after application. it only gives the requirements and the information needed to apply such sponsorship. thanks for taking time to answer my thread, its really appreciated.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:40 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mavs
Yes, u can apply frm outside of canada, if u are canadian! for that, u have to be a resident in that country where u are applying frm and not just on a temporary residence permit;
if u are in canada and sponsoring ur family frm outside of canada, then u send ur application to CPC, Mississauga and once approved frm there, ur family's applications of permanent residence would come to the visa office serving their country and then, they would deal with it till the PR visa is issued!
once the visa is issued, ur family will have to land in canada to get the PR status! if they fail to land before the expiry of the visa, their visa would get cancelled and u cant renew it! and ur family will have to stay 3 years in canada, out of a 5 year time period, in order to sustain their PR status! once they do that, they will get canadian citizenship and then, they can live anywhere they want to.
hope this helps
cheers
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:11 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amancharan
if they fail to land before the expiry of the visa, their visa would get cancelled and u cant renew it!
This is probably a dumb question ...but even if you can't renew it, can you re-apply for a new visa?
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:27 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jcapulet
This is probably a dumb question ...but even if you can't renew it, can you re-apply for a new visa?
yes u can! but it would be going through all the processes again!!
and no one would want that; right guys?
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:34 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Also I assume you would have to have a good explaination why you did not use the visa last time. I know that in skilled worker class that can count against you, not 100% sure on spousal though???
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:53 am
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly no one would want to go through all that again.

I was just curious...because if it was a one time shot, that would really stink! :scared:
Old Mar 7th 2005, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

As far as i am aware there is a requirement of spending X amount of days within the year in Canada to maintian PR status. I haven't thought about actual citizenship as yet too many other things to think about..LOL....

I do believe one is free to come and go as they choose. However i would suggest getting clarification on the actual time frames. Maybe do a search on this site. As i am sure this would have come up somewhere.
Best of luck.~
Old Mar 7th 2005, 9:45 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
As far as i am aware there is a requirement of spending X amount of days within the year in Canada to maintian PR status. I haven't thought about actual citizenship as yet too many other things to think about..LOL....

I do believe one is free to come and go as they choose. However i would suggest getting clarification on the actual time frames. Maybe do a search on this site. As i am sure this would have come up somewhere.
Best of luck.~
Its 2 out of every 5 years for maintaining PR and 3 for citizenship

Oops my chair is rocking kinda fast, not very laid back, canadian, eh?

Last edited by mhhp; Mar 7th 2005 at 9:48 am.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 10:08 am
keep checking....

Originally Posted by mhhp
Its 2 out of every 5 years for maintaining PR and 3 for citizenship

Oops my chair is rocking kinda fast, not very laid back, canadian, eh?

OK slowed him down a bit, wouldnt want to get dizzy on my front prch there, would I.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Hello Amancharan,

Your reply was really a big help, thank you so much!

So now that we know, I guess we will just have to put off the idea of applying since we aren't ready to permanently live in Canada yet.

Thanks again,
Mavs

Yes, u can apply frm outside of canada, if u are canadian! for that, u have to be a resident in that country where u are applying frm and not just on a temporary residence permit;
if u are in canada and sponsoring ur family frm outside of canada, then u send ur application to CPC, Mississauga and once approved frm there, ur family's applications of permanent residence would come to the visa office serving their country and then, they would deal with it till the PR visa is issued!
once the visa is issued, ur family will have to land in canada to get the PR status! if they fail to land before the expiry of the visa, their visa would get cancelled and u cant renew it! and ur family will have to stay 3 years in canada, out of a 5 year time period, in order to sustain their PR status! once they do that, they will get canadian citizenship and then, they can live anywhere they want to.
hope this helps
cheers