Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions relating to application, then I should be able to get it out!!

Wikiposts

Questions relating to application, then I should be able to get it out!!

Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

mark-r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions relating to application, then I should be able to get it out!!

On form 1344EA

I've completed the non-accompanying depends part and have detailed my daughter, when detailing the relationship to principal application I have ticked the dependant box, next to it are three boxes, a, b and c.

What are the boxes A, B and C for?

-----------------------------------------------

Do you wish to have the applucation for permanent residence of the person you are sponsoring processed at the visa office responsible for this country?

Yes, No - What should I tick? I want it processed the fastest and most standard way, i'm fine with sending my application to Canada don't have a problem with this.

------------------------------------------------

I've heard about question 1, if I choose to withdraw sponsorship and have my fees repaid, or shall I proceed with the application?

I've been told that you get different points for how you answer this question is it true? what are the implications?

If I don't have a co-signer, and put NA in all boxes relevant for the co-signer, are application will still go through right? what are the benefits of having a co-signer? and can I co-sign as my wifes husband? do we really need one? she is sponsoring me.

All of my wifes documents have her old name before she took my name "Tanya Conroy"

Her new name "Tanya Requena" is clear on our marriage certificate, this shouldn't cause a problem should it?
Old Oct 18th 2004, 1:53 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions relating to application, then I should be able to get it out!!

Originally Posted by mark-r
On form 1344EA

I've completed the non-accompanying depends part and have detailed my daughter, when detailing the relationship to principal application I have ticked the dependant box, next to it are three boxes, a, b and c.

What are the boxes A, B and C for?

-----------------------------------------------

Do you wish to have the applucation for permanent residence of the person you are sponsoring processed at the visa office responsible for this country?

Yes, No - What should I tick? I want it processed the fastest and most standard way, i'm fine with sending my application to Canada don't have a problem with this.

I've heard about question 1, if I choose to withdraw sponsorship and have my fees repaid, or shall I proceed with the application?

I've been told that you get different points for how you answer this question is it true? what are the implications?

If I don't have a co-signer, and put NA in all boxes relevant for the co-signer, are application will still go through right? what are the benefits of having a co-signer? and can I co-sign as my wifes husband? do we really need one? she is sponsoring me.

All of my wifes documents have her old name before she took my name "Tanya Conroy"

Her new name "Tanya Requena" is clear on our marriage certificate, this shouldn't cause a problem should it?
You cannot co-sign the sponsorship.
There are no points in a sponsored application.
Your wife should answer yes if the application is to be processed overseas.
If your daughter is a Canadian then she should not be listed in that form.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

mark-r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions relating to application, then I should be able to get it out!!

Thanks for the help Jim, appreciate you looking at these questions for me, i'm still a little stuck with a few bits i've put below.

I asked

"I've completed the non-accompanying depends part and have detailed my daughter, when detailing the relationship to principal application I have ticked the dependant box, next to it are three boxes, a, b and c. What are the boxes A, B and C for?"

You've said, If your daughter is a Canadian then she should not be listed in that form.

- sorry to check! but is my daughter not a non accompanying dependant??? I would have thought she was because she's a dependant to me isn't she? and she's not accompanying me? (she is canadian) but I'm worried that if I don't detail her here it'd cause delays?

Couple of other questions i'm not sure if you can help with:

1) All of my wifes documents have her old name before she took my name "Tanya Conroy". Her new name "Tanya Requena" is clear on our marriage certificate, this shouldn't cause a problem should it?

2) Do you wish to have the application for permanent residence of the person you are sponsoring processed at the visa office responsible for this country?

What should I do here? get everything processed in canada or england? i'm not sure what is best and quickest, is there a better option? (I'm english, wife and daughter are canadian and are in canada)

Getting there slowly but surely, but a lot quicker with your help so thank you again!
Old Oct 21st 2004, 3:14 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark-r
Thanks for the help Jim, appreciate you looking at these questions for me, i'm still a little stuck with a few bits i've put below.

I asked

"I've completed the non-accompanying depends part and have detailed my daughter, when detailing the relationship to principal application I have ticked the dependant box, next to it are three boxes, a, b and c. What are the boxes A, B and C for?"

You've said, If your daughter is a Canadian then she should not be listed in that form.

- sorry to check! but is my daughter not a non accompanying dependant??? I would have thought she was because she's a dependant to me isn't she? and she's not accompanying me? (she is canadian) but I'm worried that if I don't detail her here it'd cause delays?

Couple of other questions i'm not sure if you can help with:

1) All of my wifes documents have her old name before she took my name "Tanya Conroy". Her new name "Tanya Requena" is clear on our marriage certificate, this shouldn't cause a problem should it?

2) Do you wish to have the application for permanent residence of the person you are sponsoring processed at the visa office responsible for this country?

What should I do here? get everything processed in canada or england? i'm not sure what is best and quickest, is there a better option? (I'm english, wife and daughter are canadian and are in canada)

Getting there slowly but surely, but a lot quicker with your help so thank you again!
There is no problem with your wife's name so long as the documents are there.
Your daughter does not belong on this form because, as a Canadian citizen,
she is not an intending or potential immigrant.
You and your wife have the choice of your applying from within Canada or abroad. If you wish to move to Canada immediately and are not too worried about not being able to work for at least 8 months or more then Inland is perhaps your choice.