Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions regarding my Application.

Questions regarding my Application.

Old Dec 14th 2006, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Goldfish123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions regarding my Application.

As mentioned before i have Kidney cancer,diagnosed 6 months ago and i am hopeful that i will be classed as cured assuming i get through the next 4 1/2 years.(which statistically i have an 80% chance of achieving)

My lawyer in Toronto has informed me that i would be probably ruled out and also my family until 5 years have gone without an occurrence of my cancer before i would be accepted.

The 2 questions i have are:

1)Is it worth me applying anyway on the chance of maybe i will get through,or would the fact that i was turned down once be held against me in 4 1/2 years when i could apply again?

2)If the advice would be to apply later,i would like to be called up for my medical one day after the 5th anniversary of me being clear,i know that`s not possible but what would be the approx time line from applying to being called up for a medical?

I very much appreciate any insight into my questions.

cheers

Glenn
Old Dec 14th 2006, 11:12 am
Faire de la *fluff fluff*

Fluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura aboutFluffy Boogie has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Questions regarding my Application.

Hi,
I don't think I could be of any help but you are best off asking one of the experts. To be honest I think it would be incredibly ignorant for Canada to refuse you based on the fact that you have cancer (and I can say this because I am Canadian!) but I think that medicals refer to deadly spreadable dieases which could cause harm or spread (such as you've contracted a disease through some air-borne virus that could potentially kill others, etc..) At least, that's what I am hoping in your case!
So, if there is any rejection I think it would be based upon other evidence, rather than the fact that you have a disease that is not a danger to others and has the potential of being cured.
Again i could be wrong and they may very well say no based on your medical history, but again, that is why I feel you are better off seeking Expert advice such as the great PMM or Anderw Miller.

Good luck health-wise!

Fluffy Boogie

Originally Posted by Goldfish123
As mentioned before i have Kidney cancer,diagnosed 6 months ago and i am hopeful that i will be classed as cured assuming i get through the next 4 1/2 years.(which statistically i have an 80% chance of achieving)

My lawyer in Toronto has informed me that i would be probably ruled out and also my family until 5 years have gone without an occurrence of my cancer before i would be accepted.

The 2 questions i have are:

1)Is it worth me applying anyway on the chance of maybe i will get through,or would the fact that i was turned down once be held against me in 4 1/2 years when i could apply again?

2)If the advice would be to apply later,i would like to be called up for my medical one day after the 5th anniversary of me being clear,i know that`s not possible but what would be the approx time line from applying to being called up for a medical?

I very much appreciate any insight into my questions.

cheers

Glenn