Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Questions re PNP and then EE - timelines etc

Questions re PNP and then EE - timelines etc

Old Aug 30th 2015, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Gowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond repute
Default Questions re PNP and then EE - timelines etc

Once again I've had excellent advice here and we have decided despite concerns re medicals to go for it. I'm a family physician with a job offer for Vancouver Island
I'm waiting for my proposed employer to get the confirmation of need paperwork then I will apply for BC PNP.
I believe that takes about 6-8 weeks. After which I complete a PR EE application for the 5 of us. I think.
I apologise for being confused about all this. The agency who are meant to help have suddenly come over all clueless now I've accepted a job offer.

Questions I have -
do I need an ielts score if I have confirmation through medical council of Canada of university education in English?
I know a medical/s have a time limit so at what point do I arrange these ideally
How long from starting EE application am I likely to be through it all assuming all goes well? (Probably a how long is a piece of string type question)
At what point do I need confirmation of the funds to support the family? It's currently tied up but can be released.
Is arriving next July feasible?
Thanks a lot
Old Aug 30th 2015, 12:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions re PNP and then EE - timelines etc

Originally Posted by Gowest
do I need an ielts score if I have confirmation through medical council of Canada of university education in English?
Yes, IELTS is mandatory for all economic PR applications, regardless of your country of origin or education language.

I know a medical/s have a time limit so at what point do I arrange these ideally
When requested to by CIC.

How long from starting EE application am I likely to be through it all assuming all goes well? (Probably a how long is a piece of string type question)
6-12 months as a rough guide, but yes, it will depend on your own particular piece of string.

At what point do I need confirmation of the funds to support the family? It's currently tied up but can be released.
When you apply for PR, so you'll need to get those funds released fairly soon.

Is arriving next July feasible?
IMO, yes, if you can get a PNP app underway asap.

HTH, good luck.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 12:12 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to apply for PNP as you have an LMIA don't you?

That in it self gives you the number of points required for an ITA through EE...

With your timeline... A profile, ITA, application and processing is more than doable..
Old Aug 30th 2015, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Gowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all once again
Is there any benefit in him indoors doing ielts too? (Apart from me sharing the pain around)
My future employer told me that I have to do PNP but as I said they're not the most on the ball
How do I confirm the funds? They're currently in the practice I am working in. Do I just need to show them in a savings account? Seems a bit arbitrary as surely someone could borrow money and show its there and then pay it back? Strange
Old Aug 30th 2015, 1:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all once again
Is there any benefit in him indoors doing ielts too? (Apart from me sharing the pain around)
Only if you need extra points.

My future employer told me that I have to do PNP but as I said they're not the most on the ball
If you've got an LMIA then there's no need for a PNP nomination as well, that would be a complete waste of their time/money.

How do I confirm the funds? They're currently in the practice I am working in. Do I just need to show them in a savings account? Seems a bit arbitrary as surely someone could borrow money and show its there and then pay it back? Strange
Yes, you need to show a statement with them on. Somebody could borrow money, but bear in mind that CIC can ask you to prove where the money has come from and to show 6 months or so of statements to show it's not suddenly appeared in your account. The funds can't be borrowed, and CIC do check it occasionally to make sure they're not.

HTH.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

I wasn't going to commit fraud. I will just need to release them from work and could get the accountant to confirm that if needed. I will get in touch with the PNP advisor to explain why I have to do that if I've got a job offer. Thanks so much.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 1:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I wasn't going to commit fraud.
I didn't suggest you were - I was just responding to your comment that said 'Seems a bit arbitrary as surely someone could borrow money and show its there and then pay it back?' and I was stating why that's not possible.

You say you've got a job offer, but have you got a LMIA? TiryTory mentioned above that she thought you had, but you've not confirmed it. That's the important part, if you have then there's no need for PNP as well.

Best of luck.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't mean to sound defensive. I very much appreciate your input. I was just musing that it seems a strange part of the system.

I don't as yet have a lmia. I sent off a form to the health authority last week which they wanted as part of confirming there was a need for the job to be filled by a non Canadian. The term mentioned was "confirmation of need" not lmia.

Another thing to ask.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 1:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I didn't mean to sound defensive. I very much appreciate your input. I was just musing that it seems a strange part of the system.

I don't as yet have a lmia. I sent off a form to the health authority last week which they wanted as part of confirming there was a need for the job to be filled by a non Canadian. The term mentioned was "confirmation of need" not lmia.

Another thing to ask.
I know, no worries - I was just explaining how CIC do check that the money isn't borrowed.

Sounds like they have applied for the LMIA, but you need to clarify that. Once you know, you can figure out if you need the PNP app or not.

Good luck.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

They definitely told me I need to do PNP. I don't understand why either. It's not a bank holiday in Canada tomorrow is it? Could be a day for a few phone calls.
Thanks a lot
Old Aug 30th 2015, 10:30 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

They definitely told me I need to do PNP. I don't understand why either. It's not a bank holiday in Canada tomorrow is it? Could be a day for a few phone calls.
Thanks a lot
Just as an aside Gowest if your employer hasn't applied for an LMIA for you- then their intent was always PNP and Permanent Residency..
Old Sep 1st 2015, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

skybluepink is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry slightly hijacking Gowests thread but my question is along the same topic- is it for the employer or employee to decide which route to go down for PR? I'm also in same boat with job offer but have been advised (by healthmatch) that applying for PR via EE is hit and miss and they have had candidates being 'rejected' or not receiving ITA's despite adequate points and that the PNP route to PR is slower but safer plus no need for IELTS. I've also been advised to get an upfront medical done ready for PNP.
I may be totally confused about this so please feel free to correct me! Thanks and appreciate your time.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Presumably same person at Healthmatch giving different and extremely vague advice. She has no clue about PR and has told me PR will take 12-18 months. She doesn't know about EE and her advice is contrary to what is on here and on CIC. I don't know the answer skybluepink.

Last edited by Gowest; Sep 2nd 2015 at 5:22 am.
Old Sep 4th 2015, 3:08 am
Muskoka, Ontario

I've been busy and meaning to reply for a while. My husband is a FP. We came over January 2014 with a LMIA and on a temp work permit. We decided to wait and try out Express Entry for PR. The LMIA combined with education and presumably great language scores gave him scores in the high 800's if I remember rightly, more than enough to get an invitation to apply. No one on this forum has ever complained about having enough points and not getting an invite to apply.

Of course the application has to be filled in correctly or otherwise there will be returns. Ours was returned actually although this was something to do with a document not being uploaded correctly. An email to the local MP and all was resolved. Application back in process and we landed as PR this week, six months from application in...

You do need the LMIA but EE is definitely going to be quicker than PNP. I guess it's new so you are encountering someone who definitely doesn't know the in's and out's. Healthforce Ontario didn't have much to do with it for us, after finding my husband an employer, it was up to the employer to get the LMIA and then we got the TWP and then PR.

HTH!
Old Sep 4th 2015, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

skybluepink is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info. Congrats on attaining PR! You must feel so relieved

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.