Questions questions questions

Old Feb 19th 2019, 11:18 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2019
Location: England
Posts: 21
Bushy2210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions questions questions

Applying for PR via EE before going out on a work visa, is this a massive risk I'm currently scoring 417 but if I have candian work experience and a job etc I score alot higher... my wife will also be actively looking for work out in Canada so if we applied before we left and kept on top of our profile on the EE system and added that we have work experience and and offer of a job is there still a chance we will not get PR and have to come home or is it a risk worth taking as the chances of staying are higher than the chances of not and end up having to go home.

​​​​​Basically I'm ready to go now, so is my wife, alls we would have to do is sell the house hold possessions, we have the money to go, and want to go now or is patients a better game plan.
Bushy2210 is offline  
Old Feb 20th 2019, 6:15 am
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,587
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions questions questions

Originally Posted by Bushy2210 View Post
Applying for PR via EE before going out on a work visa, is this a massive risk I'm currently scoring 417 but if I have candian work experience and a job etc I score alot higher... my wife will also be actively looking for work out in Canada so if we applied before we left and kept on top of our profile on the EE system and added that we have work experience and and offer of a job is there still a chance we will not get PR and have to come home or is it a risk worth taking as the chances of staying are higher than the chances of not and end up having to go home.

​​​​​Basically I'm ready to go now, so is my wife, alls we would have to do is sell the house hold possessions, we have the money to go, and want to go now or is patients a better game plan.
You’re not ready to go now - you don’t have a visa!

You should get an ITA for PR once you’ve got a job offer and LMIA as you’d be scoring enough, but don’t underestimate the difficulty of finding an employer prepared to go through the wait, hassle, paperwork and cost of the LMIA app for you. Not sure what you do or how on demand your skills are, but it may well take a while. Have you planned a job hunting trip out there?

Personally I wouldn’t sell your house until you’ve got PR - on a LMIA/TWP remember you’re tied to your employer, meaning that if they decide to get rid of you you can’t work for anybody else without a new LMIA. So I would keep the house just in case, but many others who are less cautious don’t!




Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 20th 2019 at 6:33 am.
christmasoompa is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.